9th Square Offers Expanding Banners
Page 1 of 1
9th Square, a provider of e-commerce Web banner solutions, delivered its E*Banner suite of products, offering banners that are designed to expand when users click on them.
The company said E*Banners work at the same speed as traditional banner advertisements and expand when users click on them, transforming them into mini-sites that eliminate the loading time and navigation issues associated with pop-up windows, while allowing consumers to easily call up information or purchase products directly from the advertisement.
Narrative Communications just came out with a similar feature for Enliven 3.0.
"By turning ads into mini-commerce sites, E*Banners allow our customers to build trust with online consumers by making sure that they can transact real-time without moving to another Web site, saving them the aggravation of navigating back or losing their way," said Tom Burgess, CEO of Newport, RI-based 9th Square. "At the same time, advertisers have a new. . . more effective way to interact with the rapidly growing community of online consumers."
The E*Banner suite also offers the ability for the consumer to interact with an advertiser's service representative using either a real-time chat feature or by requesting an immediate "call-back" by phone.
The full product suite includes:
- E*Banner--an expandable Web banner to sell products, exchange information or advertise a brand.
- E*Banner Infostation--provides primary market research data for vendors.
- E*Banner Ministore--provides end-to-end electronic commerce to merchants for individual product or service sales.
- E*Banner Service Center--provides customer service including human contact by phone or sales rep chat.
- E* Server Advertising Server--described by the company as the "fastest ad server in the industry."
Design costs for an expanding E*Banner are generally under $5,000, the company said. Per-sale revenue sharing would be considered, 9th Square said.