RealTime IT News

VNU Forming Online Ad Sales Operation

VNU, the Dutch publishing and information giant, said that along with Normad & Blend Communicatie it will form an enterprise under the name of MediaNet bv, to centralize ad sales for the Dutch Internet sites of VNU.

VNU is taking an 80 percent stake in MediaNet bv, while ad agency Normad & Blend Communicatie will participate for the remaining 20 percent.

The Dutch sites of VNU, including intermediair.nl, goudengids.nl, computeridee.nl and libelle.nl, had 20 million page views in August.

In addition to selling advertising space on the Internet, MediaNet will also provide online ad consulting services.

VNU operations include consumer and professional magazines, newspapers, telephone directories and information services, educational textbooks, marketing information services, trade shows and entertainment.