RealTime IT News

Real Media Acquires German Ad Sales Firm Cubicmedia

New York City-based Real Media acquired of Cubicmedia Gesellschaft f|r neue Medien mbH, an independent online advertising sales company in Germany.

Real Media Europe and one of its investors, Swiss-based advertising conglomerate PubliGroupe, has acquired a 76 percent majority stake of Cubicmedia, while the other 24 percent remain with Cubicmedia's two founders, Sascha Wolff and Daniel Dimpker, who will continue to operate the company under a new brand name: Real Media Germany.

Financial specifics of the deal were not disclosed.

"We are thrilled about this new move, which puts Real Media in a clear market leader position in Europe, said Pascal Zdhner, managing director of Real Media Europe. ". . .it was essential for Real Media to have a strong presence as a national sales organization in the largest European market. We identified Cubicmedia as the German market leader, started a collaboration and as we realized how close our market approach was, we decided to bring the companies together."

Real Media and PubliGroupe are active throughout the continent in Internet advertising with a special focus on the German, French and English speaking markets.

Cubicmedia has offices in Hamburg, Munich and Kaiserslautern (close to Frankfurt), has a staff of 15, and represents exclusively a portfolio of German sites, including: Excite, S|ddeutsche Zeitung, Deutscher Sport Fernsehn (DSF), TM3, Investornet, BusiWeb, GameChannel, Falk-Online, City 24, and others.