Report: Internet Services Dominating Online Ads
Page 1 of 1
For the months of May and June, Internet Services was the largest advertising category, according to the latest NetRatings Online Observer report.
Approximately 40%--over one billion--of the total ad impressions for those months, as measured by NetRatings BannerTrack syndicated ad research service, fell into that category.
The Internet Services category includes advertising for: browsers/plugins, e-mail, homepage/communities, online access and search engines.
Meanwhile, NetRatings said the top 10 ad banners during the week ending July 11 were:
- Goto.com: Type in what you're looking for
- K-Tel Express: Click here to purchase music
- Hotmail: Click banners; easy return to Hotmail
- Hotmail: Bookmark Hotmail to save typing
- Catalog Link: Click here to request free catalogs
- Hotmail: Use nicknames for addressing e-mail
- Yahoo: Free e-mail at yahoo.com
- Hotmail: Send Web pages in your email9. Hotmail: Make Hotmail your home page
- Bonzi Software: Play Talking E-mail
The average Web user viewed 136.59 banners and clicked on .99 banners (about a .72% click rate).
Rankings are based on measurement of World Wide Web activity by a representative panel of more than 2,000 Internet users 18 years and older who access the Web from home.