Report: Online/Internet Services Leads Ad Categories for July
Page 1 of 1
NetRatings said the No. 1 ad category for July was Online/Internet Services; Retail Shopping was No. 2 and Promotions (incentives, coupons, sweepstake offers) No. 3.
Taken together these three categories represented over 70% of all advertising impressions with at least a 5% reach, estimated for the month of July at 3.5 billion impressions, the company said.
E-mail was the largest product category for Internet Services with 60.9% of that category's advertising. Books/CDs topped the shopping category with 62.3% and Sweepstakes led the promotional pack with 67.2%.
NetRatings said that the top 10 ad banners for the week of August 2-8, were:
- Catalog Link: Click to get free catalog
- Catalog Link: Attention catalog addicts
- Hotmail: Bookmark to save typing
- Hotmail: Click banners; easy return to Hotmail
- Hotmail: Use nicknames for addressing email
- Catalog Link: Get all the free catalogs you can put your feet on
- Hotmail: Make Hotmail your home page
- Goto.com: Type what you're looking for
- Yahoo: Free email @yahoo.com
- Hotmail: Log out instead of timing out
Rankings are based on measurement of Web activity by a representative panel of more than 3,200 Internet users 18 years and older who access the Web from home.