Say What? Top Five IT Quotes of the Week - October 11th
"I was wrong, costs aren't going to go down, they will keep going up for a time"
- Larry Ponemon, founder of the Ponemon Institute commenting on his Cost of Cybercrime study (eWEEK)
"As difficult as people want to make cybercrime, there really are only really a few steps.The bad guy has to get in, the bad guy has to move around, the bad guy has to steal some stuff, and then the bad guy has to make a getaway."
- Chris Pogue, director of Digital Forensics and Incident Responce at Trustwave, (eSecurityPlanet)
"You've got all these devices that are connected, that are easy to hack and are on the network and they are hard to patch.They will be compromised and will become part of botnets."
- Ross Barrett, senior manager for Security Engineering at Rapid7 talking about the risks from the Internet of Things (SecurityWatch)
"My focus is on capabilities - how do I get really good security deployed, versus how do I get a box."
- David Koretz, VP of Products and General Manager for the Counter Security Group at Juniper (Enterprise Networking Planet)
"Software engineering is an oxymoron. Software development is not an engineering discipline."
- John Pescatore, director of SANS talking about how cybersecurity has changed in the last decade (eWEEK)
Sean Michael Kerner is a senior editor at InternetNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @TechJournalist