Australian Companies Feature in Best of Show Awards
Page 1 of 1
New global e-commerce products and a world-first in Web content security were among the winners of the Best of Show awards presented at Internet World Australia 1999 at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre.
"The award winners were solutions to real world business problems for Australian organisations. This trend suggests there is an increasing level of maturity in the Australian vendor community," said Gerard Knapp, editor of Internet World Australia.
The winners included:*
- Best Intranet Product:
- Commendations: Indigo Pacific/NCompass Labs, Odyssey Development/ISYS
- Winner: HARVEST ROAD - WebPOWER
- "Delivering all of the functionality of Microsoft Front Page as a Java application through a Web browser is no mean task, but Harvest Road has used this simple idea to create an impressive solution to the intranet publishing nightmare."
Best Web Development Product:
- Commendations: Macromedia - Internet Creative
- Winner: ALLAIRE and FirmWare Design - Spectra
- "Spectra is one of the most ambitious Web development tools ever written. Content management, workflow, e-commerce, personalisation, and more are bundled in the one package which aims to deliver on the promise of transactive content."
Best Infrastructure Product:
- Commendations: E.S.O.R.T, Hypercom
- Winner: IDENTIKEY
- "Identikey is a unique solution to the problem of secure authentication for remote access, which borrows more than a little from Ned Kelly. Original products like Identikey deserve to be considered as serious business tools for Australian users."
- Best Infrastructure Service:
- Commendations: Telstra, Connect.com.au
- Winner: CABLE & WIRELESS OPTUS - Private IP
- "C&W Optus has opened up its network so that businesses can connect to Optus' backbone network through any Internet service provider - something which its competitors are shying away from. C&W Optus should be commended for its open approach to back-end connectivity."
- Best Security Product:
- Commendations: Adacel Technologies, Dovetail Distribution
- Winner: CREATIVE DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY - SecurePage
- "CDT has developed an innovative solution to prevent crackers from defacing or altering Web sites with software that is possibly the first of its kind in the world. It can handle not just static pages but also dynamically-generated content."
- Best E-commerce Product:
- Commendations: Camtech, Creative Digital Technology
- Winner: PURE COMMERCE - Pure Global Pay
- "Daniel Lavecky from Pure Commerce has produced another solution to an important problem for Australian e-commerce merchants, by saving them the trouble of establishing relations with overseas banks. Pure Global Pay allows Australian e-merchants to go truly global, accepting 32 currencies from around the world."
*comments from Internet World Australia editorial staff