Andreessen Reveals Latest Venture
Page 1 of 1
Andreessen was short on details during Tuesday's announcement. He would only say that the company will focus on "accelerating Internet business growth and creation." The project will also involve several industry all-stars.
"New companies are being formed at a faster rate than ever, due to the enormous business opportunities created by the Internet and the massive influx of venture capital investment," Andreessen said.
Buoyed by initial investments from co-founders, the company was formed in September and is actively recruiting more members. Andreessen said additional information about Loudcloud will come early next year.
In addition to Andreessen, the company's executives include:
- Ben Horowitz, chief executive officer and co-founder: Led several divisions at Netscape and AOL, including directory and security products
- Tim Howes, chief technology officer and co-founder: Co-inventor of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol -- the Net standard for directories.
- In Sik Ree, vice president of operational architecture and co-founder: co-founder of Kiva software.
- Jonathan Heiliger, vice president of operations: Built Frontier GlobalCenter's operations team and architecture.
- Scott Dunlap, director of products: Defined and launched more than a dozen products at Epiphany and founded 4charity.com.
- Jason Rosenthal, director of marketing and business development: Managed shopping and e-commerce product marketing at AOL and led Netscape's entry into the billing presentation market.
- Mathew Hein, business development manager: Former Morgan Stanley investment banker who led several of 1999's hottest initial public offerings.