Metastream Launches 3D Visualization Upgrade
Page 1 of 1
Metastream Corp. Wednesday launched Metastream 3.0, the newest generation of its 3D visualization technology.
Metastream's MTS 3 technology provides solutions to shortcomings with the online shopping experience. It also provides interactive 3D models and the ability to explore colors, textures and features of products and to personally configure choices in a compressed streaming file format. MTS3 includes a component that keeps track of aggregate user interaction with its content to help e-merchants optimize content effectiveness and increase consumer satisfaction.
New features from MTS 3 include:
- Color accuracy, improved lighting, shadows and reflections effects
- Interactivity and animation enable Web users to virtually "pick up" products, test out features, and customize products in a manner beyond what is practical in-store
- Small scaleable files load streaming in the background - without requiring high processor or access speeds
- Integration with other media types such as vector graphics, object movies and iPIX panoramas allows 3D objects to blend and interact with other elements and media types on a Web page
- Component-based architecture enables an evolving platform that allows new features to be added and automatically downloaded without interrupting the end user experience
"With MTS 3 we now provide online merchants with a complete solution allowing them to create a more compelling shopping narrative for their customers," says Paul Kadin, Metastream's chief marketing officer.
In related news, Metastream inked partnerships with America Online, Nike, Adobe, iPIX, Discreet, a Division of Autodesk, Grey Interactive, Rare Medium and FCB Worldwide, to facilitate broad adoption of Metastream 3.0.