DoveBid.com Acquires Eight Capital Asset Firms
Page 1 of 1
DoveBid Inc., which operates an online B2B marketplace for corporate capital assets that features auctions and value-added services, acquired eight small firms active in auctioneering, appraisal and asset management.
Terms for the various deals were not disclosed, but DoveBid said the acquisitions add more than employees to its business operation and bolster its clicks and mortar strategy.
The acquired companies are:
- AccuVal Associates Inc., an industrial and commercial appraisal and consulting firm, and its sister company LiquiTec Industries, an auction house
- B&B Custom Circuit Supplies, an asset management firm in the printed circuit board equipment market
- Greenwich Industrial Auctioneers, an auction house
- OneWebPlace, an online auction company
- Phillip Pollack, a Chicago-based auction and appraisal house
- Test Lab Co., an asset management company in the electronic test and measurement equipment market
- Unidyne, Inc., an asset management firm in the printed circuit board equipment market
The subsidiary will provide a broad range of appraisal and consulting services, including online services.
Technology from OneWebPlace will provide the basis for major enhancements to the DoveBid capital asset auction Web site, and the OneWebPlace engineering team will join DoveBid's technology team.
"Our goal is simple: to be the largest online marketplace for the sale and exchange of used capital assets in the world," said DoveBid Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ross Dove.
DoveBid's e-commerce auction site includes 19 categories of capital assets, including: computers, disk drive and media manufacturing equipment; biotech and lab equipment electronics; food and chemical processing; office furnishings and equipment; audio-video-broadcast production equipment; semiconductor fabrication equipment and telecommunication equipment.