Main Street and Bay Street Intersect on Net
Page 1 of 1
Investor Learning Centre of Canada (ILC) launched The Virtual Resource Centre, a Web site that gives Canadians an online key to understanding investment information.
The cyberspace launch coincides with the opening of ILC's new bricks-and-mortar storefront Resource Centre to the public. Like the Resource Centre in the heart of Toronto's financial district, the Virtual Resource Centre is a free service of the not-for-profit ILC.
The idea behind the Virtual Resource Centre is to give investors quick access to information they would find in more depth at the ILC Resource Centre.
Initial features of the site include:
- Answers to frequently asked questions by a panel of experts from the Canadian Securities Institute
- An investment IQ quiz
- An Investment Driver Risk Spectrum to find investments that will best fit users' needs
- A glossary of investment terms
- Links to top investment sites on the Internet
- Lists of recommended books and pamphlets
- An online bookstore
"People want reliable, non-promotional investment information from a source that's not also trying to sell them investment products or services," said Dr. Roberta Wilton, President of ILC and the Canadian Securities Institute. "The Virtual Resource Centre is another way ILC can give people some of the educational, unbiased information they need to be better-informed investors."