TD Bank Site Supports Import/Export
Page 1 of 1
TD Bank Financial Group's newly launched Web site on international buying and selling covers the financial aspects of importing and exporting.
"Clients dealing globally has increased dramatically, and with the recent volatility in the world's economies, businesses need to stay informed about international trade," said Michael Mueller, TD executive vice president.
"It is increasingly important that Canadian businesses evaluate their credit policies to ensure their payment terms still reflect the risk of the countries and the buyers to whom they are selling. We built the trade finance site to provide businesses with easy to access information which will help make it easier to understand the financial tools available to manage this volatility."
Site content includes:
- How to access pre-shipment and post-shipment buyer and seller credit;
- Common payment risks in trade along with practical solutions for managing those risks;
- Foreign exchange hedging strategies and an immediate foreign exchange calculator;
- A useful glossary on the terminology used in international trade;
- Separate sections tailored to importers or exporters along with an interactive quiz in each section;
- Links to key Government of Canada sites that benefit Canadian exporters.
"The site provides very pertinent financial information for small and medium sized enterprises." said Kathryn McCallion, chief trade commissioner, department of foreign affairs and international trade.