Bid.Com, Rogers Refocus Ties
Page 1 of 1
[Toronto, CANADA] Bid.Com International has ended its promotion services agreement for business-to-consumer activities with Rogers Media and will now explore its technology for business-to-business initiatives within the Rogers group of companies.
"Bid.Com is clearly focused on providing business-to-business e-commerce solutions and today's announcement is a direct reflection of our strategy," said Jeff Lymburner, President and CEO of Bid.Com International Inc. "Rogers has been a tremendous supporter of Bid.Com, and we look forward to working together in the future."
Founded in 1995, Bid.Com is a global application provider of dynamic pricing solutions that help organizations buy and sell goods online.
It offers multiple online transaction methods, providing fixed price, traditional auction, real-time declining price (Dutch) auction, and reverse auctions (Request for Quotation/Proposal).
A number of major online players have made Bid.Com their online sales partner in sectors such as electronic media, travel, wireless communications, automotive, heavy machinery, arts and culture, and retail.
Bid.com's partners include GE Capital, Research In Motion, Rogers New Media, CapGemini, ValueVision International, and The Art Vault.
For more on Bid.com, see the following:
- Funds & E-mailbag: Harmon's Picks Beat All Mutual Funds So Far, October 5, 2000.
- Bidcom Acquires E-Business Specialist, June 5, 2000.
- Bid.com, Research in Motion Enter Strategic Alliance, February 16, 2000.
- Bid.Com Launches Advertising on its Canadian Site, March 29, 1999.
- Bid.com Enters Alliance with Cap Gemini Group, November 17, 1999.
- Bid.com Inks Deal with Megawheels.com, October 4, 1999.
- New Bid.Com Execs to Lead International Expansion, August 25, 1999.
- Bid.com Introduced as New Brand for Internet Liquidators, March 6, 1998.