Media Metrix Canada Releases September Web Use Report
Page 1 of 1
[Toronto, CANADA] Media Metrix Canada has released its latest Total Canada at Home Web Use Report. The monthly report on Canadian Web usage shows that over 12 million Canadians, including 2.8 million Francophones, accessed the Net from home during September.
The 12,092,000 Canadians who visited Web sites or used digital media applications such as instant messaging services were online in nearly 12 separate days during the month, viewing 475 unique pages each.
On an average day, 4,756,000 unique visitors were posted, spending nearly 50 minutes surfing the Web and viewing 42 unique pages each.
In total, Canadians spent 7.9 billion minutes using the Web at home in the month of September. These results represent a slight increase in traffic and usage over the August Web usage report.
Media Metrix Canada (NASDAQ: MMXI) is a joint venture between Media Metrix and ComQUEST Research. The partnership provides independent meter-based Internet and digital media audience measurement service for Canada. For more information on this active company, see:
- Study: sympatico.ca Top Canadian Site, July 28, 2000
- Jupiter, Media Metrix Merge, June 27, 2000
- Media Metrix Expands Industries Measured, May 10, 2000
- Media Metrix Forms Joint Venture with Ipsos, March 14, 2000
- Media Metrix Starts Counting in Japan, February 16, 2000
- Media Metrix to Measure Streaming Media, December 8, 2000
- Media Metrix Expands into Canada, October 20, 1999
- Media Metrix to Acquire AdRelevance, October 6, 1999
- Media Metrix Partners with BizRate.com, August 24, 1999