Hewlett-Packard Canada Opens Business Center Site
Page 1 of 1
[Mississauga, CANADA] Hewlett-Packard Canada has introduced a complete offering of products and e-services for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB) in Canada.
Its new Business Center Web site connects entrepreneurs with other business professionals such as accountants, lawyers, technology experts, marketing gurus and investors for real-time collaboration.
According to Evans Research, a Toronto-based market research firm, there are over 800,000 SMB in Canada. HP recognizes that these businesses have unique technology needs that must be addressed to enable competitiveness and growth.
Key to HP Canada's SMB strategy are industry partnerships and Web resources that add extra value to its range of SMB-tailored appliances, e-services and infrastructure technology.
"HP wants to take care of the technology needs of our SMB customers so they can take care of business," said Catherine Morgan, director of small business. "HP also recognizes that SMBs need more than great technology, they need to participate in well-connected business communities."
Hewlett-Packard Canada has more than 1,300 employees at 21 locations across Canada. Its revenue in fiscal 1999 was Cdn $1.9 (US $2.8) billion. The parent company has 86,000 employees worldwide with a total revenue of US $42.4 billion in its 1999 fiscal year.
For more on Hewlett-Packard, see the following InternetNews.com stories:
- RealNetworks, HP to Deliver Streaming to Enterprise Customers, September 26, 2000
- HP Unveils ASP Solution, June 1, 2000.
- Hewlett-Packard Plunges Deeper into the e-Services Game, June 27, 2000
- Nortel, HP Build Wireless Internet, June 19, 2000
- Equityengine.com and Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Ltd. Help Start-ups, May 29, 2000
- Hewlett-Packard Seeks to Score Hat Trick with New Servers, May 9, 2000
- Industry Giants Team To Offer ASPs Over Net, March 27, 2000
- Hewlett-Packard Anticipating Start of Chapter Two, October 27, 1999
- Hewlett-Packard Releases New Network Applications, November 3, 1998
- HP Unveils ISP Strategy, September 28, 1998
- Hewlett-Packard Announces Web-based PC Management System, March 3, 1998