Intel Intros Portable Digital Audio Player
Page 1 of 1
Intel Corporation Tuesday introduced a portable digital audio player that provides up to four hours of music programming and more than 20 hours of spoken-word audio. The new product is equipped with 128 MB of memory for storing digital audio in MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) formats.
The Intel(R) Pocket Concert Audio Player can be used with the optional Intel Audio Accessory Kit that includes a home stereo dock and car audio adapter.
"The Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player is designed to deliver longer playing times, better sound quality and the ability to enjoy music in a more versatile format now and in the future," said Don Whiteside, general manager of the Intel Connected Products Division. "Bringing Intel technology to the emerging portable digital audio market will provide consumers with trusted brand option and an enhanced audio experience."
Housed in a brushed aluminum case with blue-accented frame and weighing less than four ounces, the Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player is small enough to fit inside a shirt pocket. The audio player is powered by two AAA batteries, which deliver about 10 hours of continuous playback. Features include:
- Memory: The audio player has 128 MB of on-board Inte StrataFlash memory and plays up to four hours of music and more than 20 hours of spoken-word audio.
- Sound: An amplifier with 11mW power provides sound with low noise and a distortion rating of 0.04 percent THD+N @ 1 kHz. The player also comes with behind-the-neck headphones with neodymium drivers.
- Programmable: At launch, the Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player will support MP3 and WMA music formats. The player's firmware is re-programmable, permitting compatibility with future music file formats and music purchased over the Internet.
- Universal Serial Bus (USB): The player features a USB connection for connectivity and setup to the PC.
- FM Radio: The Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player also incorporates a FM radio capable of storing up to 10 preset stations.
- Design: The player features a brushed aluminum body and ABS chassis. Buttons and a scroll wheel help operate the player. The user can also set 17 levels of bass and treble equalization for customized sound.
- Intel Audio Manager: A program that provides consumers a way to access and transfer audio files from the PC to the player.
- MusicMatch Jukebox (Plus version): jukebox software allows consumers to play, record and organize digital music. Music fans can create CDs from MP3 or WMA files, create custom audio CDs and play lists, and obtain personal music recommendations based on listening tastes.
- Intel Audio Sampler: A compilation of award-winning independent-label music and spoken-word selections.
The optional Intel Audio Accessory Kit includes a stereo dock, two NiMH rechargeable batteries, a power cord for 110V, cables with RCA plugs to link the dock to a home stereo, a "Y" adapter cable to mini-plug multimedia speakers, a carrying case, and a car adapter.
The Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player and the Intel Audio Accessory Kit will be available in February at computer stores and online retailers. The Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player equipped with 128 MB and FM Stereo is priced at $299.99; the Intel Audio Accessory Kit is priced at $59.99; and the Intel Pocket Concert Audio Player with 128 MB, FM Stereo and Intel Audio Accessory Kit is priced at $349.99.