- MapR Technologies Brings Enterprise-Class to Big Data and Operational Data Alike
Fri, 05 Sep 2014
MapR Technologies delivers an enterprise-class distribution for Apache Hadoop with an in-Hadoop NoSQL database.
- IBM Can Help Apple’s Trust Issues but Blackberry Could Steal Share
Wed, 03 Sep 2014
The nude celeb hacking scandal suggests that Apple could use IBM’s help.
- Are Docker and VMware Strange Bedfellows?
Thu, 28 Aug 2014
Experts weigh in on the Docker-VMware alliance announced this week at VMworld.
- Why Linux Isn't a Desktop Alternative
Wed, 27 Aug 2014
It's not a matter of technology so much as one of attitude.
- When Customer Dissatisfaction Is a Tech Business Model
Wed, 20 Aug 2014
Moves by Twitter, Facebook, Comcast and other companies suggest that abusing and harassing users pays big.
- Steve Ballmer Steps Away From Microsoft: It Was Time
Tue, 19 Aug 2014
Steve Ballmer’s tenure was mixed, yet not without accomplishment.
- Leveraging Cloud-Based Analytics to Make IT Smarter
Tue, 19 Aug 2014
There’s good news and bad news about cloud-based IT analytics platforms and tools.
- Hidden Linux Benefits, Clear Linux Challenges
Mon, 11 Aug 2014
Linux benefits outweigh Linux challenges, yet the desktop clearly offers both.
- How the Surface Tablet Won the NFL
Fri, 08 Aug 2014
The NFL chose the Surface for its security and ability to handle legacy Windows software.
- Flash Storage: Choosing the Best
Wed, 06 Aug 2014
Flash storage is making big inroads in the enterprise -- but which type of flash works best for your data center?
- How Cloud Computing Is Changing Robotics
Tue, 05 Aug 2014
Thanks to cloud computing, robots might change the world sooner than you’d expect.
- What If Performance and Availability Was Your Hub?
Thu, 24 Jul 2014
IT deployments are typically organized around a hub and spoke model. Which means the hub needs to be chosen with great care.
- Security, the Edward Snowden Way
Wed, 23 Jul 2014
Security applications recommended by Edward Snowden – who probably knows as much about Internet privacy as anyone.