- Can Jolla Deliver the First Open Source Tablet?
Thu, 18 Dec 2014
Critically praised for its phone, Jolla is now developing a tablet.
- Why is the Number of Linux Distros Declining?
Tue, 16 Dec 2014
We're losing distros, and, as with the bees, no one knows why.
- The Problems Facing Tech in 2015
Tue, 09 Dec 2014
Security, Windows 10, BYOD, thin clients and disintermediation could be big issues next year.
- Will Wearable Technology Benefit Your Workplace?
Wed, 03 Dec 2014
A roundup of studies and surveys about the rapidly growing wearables market.
- The Massive Unanticipated Change This Decade
Tue, 25 Nov 2014
Artificial intelligence, consolidated converged data centers, social manipulation and robots could lead to another technology revolution.
- Debian vs Ubuntu: Which is Best for You?
Mon, 24 Nov 2014
Choosing between Debian or Ubuntu depends on your preferences regarding platform support, ease of use, level of user control and other key issues.
- Survey: Moving to the Cloud Still Ain’t Easy
Fri, 21 Nov 2014
Close to half of survey respondents had a failed or stalled cloud computing implementation.
- Free Software, Free as in Beer
Thu, 20 Nov 2014
Being available at no cost may not define free software, but it is responsible for many of its ups and downs over the years.
- The Case Against Rolling Release Linux Distros
Mon, 17 Nov 2014
In many cases, using a rolling release Linux distro requires more work for the user.
- BlackBerry: Humor and Candor are Important in a Turnaround
Fri, 14 Nov 2014
As Blackberry wages an uphill battle, one industry observer praises CEO John Chen’s approach.
- Why Samsung Should Dominate Home Automation
Wed, 12 Nov 2014
Samsung could be the Apple of home automation – if only the company decided to truly focus on this growing market.
- The Future of VCE
Wed, 29 Oct 2014
In the wake of its ownership change, an IT analyst discuss the strategy of VCE’s “IT in a box” approach.
- 4 Big Data Strategies IT Should Steal from Marketers
Thu, 23 Oct 2014
The Big Data strategies employed by marketers may in fact lead the larger market toward Big Data adoption.