- BlackBerry AtHoc: The Solution That Could Save Your Company and Your Life
Thu, 28 Apr 2016
The AtHoc mobile app addresses provides early warnings and facilitates emergency response during crisis situations.
- Is Debian Difficult to Install?
Tue, 26 Apr 2016
Difficult? Debian? If you think so, think again. In contrast to do-it-yourself distributions like Gentoo, Arch Linux, or Linux From Scratch, the default Debian Installer is a dancing and singing purple plush toy next to a live velociraptor.
- Linux and the Second Goal
Wed, 20 Apr 2016
Linux's most important goal isn't world domination.
- Cisco and Doing Telecommuting Right
Wed, 13 Apr 2016
In order for a telecommuting program to work well, companies need to have the right management structure, company culture and hardware for employees.
- Microsoft Build and Women in Technology
Thu, 31 Mar 2016
A student panel at the Microsoft developer conference highlighted some of the diversity problems in the industry.
- Cloud Servers Are More Secure Than Your Data Center. Here's Why.
Tue, 29 Mar 2016
Without the expertise, experience and security commitment a cloud vendor, your company's data center is unlikely to match the cloud for security.
- The Best Linux desktop Environment
Mon, 28 Mar 2016
Selecting the best Linux desktop may be a question of personal taste, but there are some key facts to weigh in your choice.
- Why I Wrote "Designing with LibreOffice"
Wed, 23 Mar 2016
An author reflects on the day of publication: Why write another LibreOffice guide if so much documentation already exists?
- Hybrid Cloud Strategies That Work
Mon, 21 Mar 2016
Hybrid Cloud strategies offer many advantages to enterprises, but there are pitfalls to be aware of when deploying this approach.
- What I Learned From Ex-Apple CEO John Sculley: You Have To Keep Moving
Sat, 19 Mar 2016
Having the right executives and the right mentors are critical for the tech industry.
- Does Ubuntu Shipping with ZFS Threaten Linux?
Mon, 14 Mar 2016
Does the Linux kernel have legal protection? A technical decision could have large scale implications for open source.
- HoloLens for Video Conferencing: Potentially Better Than Actually Being There
Thu, 03 Mar 2016
Microsoft's new device offers a lot of possibilities that no one has explored yet.