- Google Fuchsia: Inside Google’s new ‘Fuchsia’ OS
Mon, 22 Aug 2016
The Google Fuschia OS could be used for any number of purposes, from IoT to some kind of desktop/mobile OS.
- How to Become a DevOps Engineer
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
Companies are eager to hire DevOps engineers, and it is not unusual for salaries of $200,000 or more to be offered to DevOps team leaders.
- Cisco’s Meeting Server: Fixing The Problem with Conferencing
Wed, 17 Aug 2016
For too long, enterprise communication products from different vendors haven't worked well together. Cisco is starting to change that.
- The 7 Best Linux Distros for Business
Mon, 15 Aug 2016
Choosing the best Linux distro for business requires you to fully understand how you'll be using it, then matching your needs with one of these top business Linux distros.
- The Internet of Things of Enterprise Data
Thu, 04 Aug 2016
In IoT, best practice enterprise governance addresses data quality issues, noncompliance, and data errors that can develop from malfunctioning machines.
- Best Practice: How Cisco Revitalized Its Brand
Wed, 03 Aug 2016
The networking giant has launched a new image campaign that is demonstrating impressive results.
- Why Blockchain Matters
Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Blockchain offer opportunities for cost reduction and innovation, and some view it as having the potential to become the business equivalent of cloud computing.
- 7 Differences Between Linux and Windows: User Expectations
Wed, 20 Jul 2016
Clearly, Windows and Linux fulfill basic functions in exceptionally different ways.
- Top 6 Desktop Linux Blunders
Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Linux blunders are the responsibility of the entire Linux community, and these top ones need to be addressed.
- Best Universal Package Manager for Linux?
Wed, 13 Jul 2016
Given that Linux needs a universal package manager for installing software, what's the best package manager?
- Rethinking Software Development in IoT
Mon, 11 Jul 2016
IoT demands new software development tools and techniques, and a growing number of companies are attempting to satisfy this need.
- TCE: The Secret Sauce EMC Brought to the Dell Merger
Wed, 06 Jul 2016
EMC's exemplary customer loyalty processes are already making their way into Dell.
- The 6 Drivers of Analytics ROI
Tue, 05 Jul 2016
A data-driven culture and the tools to support that environment – including self-service – deliver superior results, indicates a trio of recent surveys. There’s a continuing role for IT, too.
- Can Desktop Linux Conquer its Challenges?
Tue, 05 Jul 2016
There continues to be a credibility crisis with the Linux desktop that could be addressed with better inclusion in the mainstream marketplace.
- Is Canonical the Victim of High Expectations?
Wed, 29 Jun 2016
From being the darling of open source, Canonical is closely and cynically scrutinized, its motives constantly questioned.