- When Customer Dissatisfaction Is a Tech Business Model
Wed, 20 Aug 2014
Moves by Twitter, Facebook, Comcast and other companies suggest that abusing and harassing users pays big.
- Leveraging Cloud-Based Analytics to Make IT Smarter
Tue, 19 Aug 2014
There’s good news and bad news about cloud-based IT analytics platforms and tools.
- Steve Ballmer Steps Away From Microsoft: It Was Time
Tue, 19 Aug 2014
Steve Ballmer’s tenure was mixed, yet not without accomplishment.
- Hidden Linux Benefits, Clear Linux Challenges
Mon, 11 Aug 2014
Linux benefits outweigh Linux challenges, yet the desktop clearly offers both.
- How the Surface Tablet Won the NFL
Fri, 08 Aug 2014
The NFL chose the Surface for its security and ability to handle legacy Windows software.
- Flash Storage: Choosing the Best
Wed, 06 Aug 2014
Flash storage is making big inroads in the enterprise -- but which type of flash works best for your data center?
- How Cloud Computing Is Changing Robotics
Tue, 05 Aug 2014
Thanks to cloud computing, robots might change the world sooner than you’d expect.
- What If Performance and Availability Was Your Hub?
Thu, 24 Jul 2014
IT deployments are typically organized around a hub and spoke model. Which means the hub needs to be chosen with great care.
- Security, the Edward Snowden Way
Wed, 23 Jul 2014
Security applications recommended by Edward Snowden – who probably knows as much about Internet privacy as anyone.
- How to Choose Vendors for Massive IT Changes
Wed, 09 Jul 2014
Business is facing technological changes the likes of which it has never seen. The time to get ready is now.
- Android Wear: Way Better Than You Think
Mon, 30 Jun 2014
Android Wear is a computer minus everything but the essentials, and it’s a user interface very carefully designed for the wrist.
- McAfee's Quarterly Insecurity Report: We’re Still in Trouble
Wed, 25 Jun 2014
New research pinpoints the pain points -- and they're numerous.