- IBM Report: Infrastructure Matters
Tue, 24 Nov 2015
The organizations that succeed will be those that create a flexible infrastructure and do a good job of getting their systems to work together.
- Why ChromeOS Tops Linux, Mac and Windows
Mon, 23 Nov 2015
ChromeOS has a varied set of advantages in relation to the Linux, Mac and Windows OSes.
- Why the Linux Desktop Should Be Organized By Tasks
Wed, 18 Nov 2015
Organization by application name is no longer practical, so why not try an alternative?
- Choosing a Linux Desktop for Beginners
Wed, 11 Nov 2015
The traditional ideas of how to appeal to new users need to be rethought.
- The Decline of Linux Diversity
Thu, 05 Nov 2015
The evidence is mounting: Linux is less diverse than usually assumed – perhaps far less.
- The Mainframe Is a Vampire
Fri, 30 Oct 2015
The mainframe is back from the dead, and it’s out for blood.
- Open Source and Its Lost Ideals
Wed, 28 Oct 2015
What profits an operating system if it gains the world yet loses its soul?
- Big Data vs. Privacy: Striking a Balance
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
Gleaning the best insights from Big Data requires oceans of data, and sometimes privacy becomes an issue. So then what?
- Near-Term Dip in IoT Market: IMC
Fri, 23 Oct 2015
Although the long-term picture is rosy, the market for Internet of Things solutions may take a pause going into 2016, finds the IoT M2M Council.
- Features I Miss When Away From KDE
Wed, 21 Oct 2015
Sometimes, losing a Linux desktop is the best way to appreciate it.
- Framing Free and Open Source Software
Tue, 13 Oct 2015
Certainly open source has transformed business, but how do its advocates persuade people to be passionate about it?
- Dell and EMC: What About the Cloud?
Mon, 12 Oct 2015
The two companies appear to be pursuing a strategy of supplying cloud vendors rather than becoming cloud vendors themselves.
- Building a More Efficient Data Center
Thu, 08 Oct 2015
Virtualization, cold aisle containment and economizers are just three of the ways data centers can reduce their power consumption.
- The Linux Kernel and Politeness
Wed, 07 Oct 2015
Rudeness on the Linux kernel lists is only the surface of a far larger problem.
- Top Tips For Migrating from Windows to Linux
Mon, 05 Oct 2015
Migrating from Windows to Linux isn't hard, as long as you keep these tips in mind.
- The Type of Documentation Open Source Needs
Wed, 30 Sep 2015
With open source, what matters is not just having documentation – it's having the right kind.
- AMD Moves on the Enterprise
Wed, 30 Sep 2015
The chipmaker has announced a number of initiative aimed at business users and Windows 10.