- Long Term Support vs Rolling Linux Release
Mon, 08 Feb 2016
There are pros and cons to an LTS distro release yet they remain a solid option for a variety of reasons.
- LibreOffice Online Takes Another Step Forward
Wed, 03 Feb 2016
A quiet announcement has more importance than you might think, offering the potential for major movement forward for LibreOffice.
- Could Linux Mint Replace Ubuntu?
Mon, 01 Feb 2016
Linux Mint has become a contender, though it’s not advisable for a Linux newcomer.
- Computers Are Learning To Tell Jokes
Mon, 01 Feb 2016
At IBM Connect, artificial intelligence is tackling the mystery of humor.
- The Linux Foundation and the Uneasy Alliance
Wed, 27 Jan 2016
Linux works best when the community and corporations are working together.
- Davos 2016 Recap: How the World Views Big Data
Tue, 26 Jan 2016
The CEO of a Silicon Valley-based Big Data startup reports on how the community of world leaders perceives the potential of Big Data.
- My Linux Story: The Big Switch
Mon, 25 Jan 2016
A longtime Linux expert talks about his early days with the open source operating system.
- Cyber Insecurity In 2016: We Are Not Ready
Thu, 21 Jan 2016
Tech security remains a very real worry as we head into the new year.
- 7 Truths that Open Source Struggles With
Tue, 19 Jan 2016
Open source has performed miracles, but it still needs to face up to a few ongoing struggles.
- What a Linux User Misses From Windows
Mon, 18 Jan 2016
A longtime Linux partisan admits that, while he loves the open source desktop, he does miss a few things from the Windows world.
- The Future of the Free Software Foundation: Your Input Requested
Tue, 12 Jan 2016
The FSF is surveying computer users in an effort to renew its relevance, asking users for input on all manner of free and open source software issues.
- Best Linux Distros For Newcomers
Mon, 11 Jan 2016
The best Linux distro for new users is one that combines ease of use with a full-featured tool set in a secure environment.
- Dell’s Big Success at CES
Fri, 08 Jan 2016
Hiring Josh Brener to help with its presentation helped Dell make a big bang at CES.
- 7 Reasons Why Debian is the Dominant Linux Distro
Wed, 06 Jan 2016
Debian remains the premier Linux distribution for a variety of compelling reasons.
- The Android Fragmentation Problem
Mon, 04 Jan 2016
Is Android fragmentation a deal breaker for you? There are ways to work around it.
- Rating KDE Applications: Great to Not too Good
Wed, 30 Dec 2015
KDE applications run from the second to none to those to avoid at all costs.
- Where Ubuntu (and others) Went Wrong
Tue, 29 Dec 2015
Ubuntu has lead the way in promoting Linux, yet it hasn't done everything perfect.
- The Year of Crowdfunded Open Source Small Businesses
Mon, 21 Dec 2015
The ways that crowdfunding is affecting open source business isn't making as many headlines as it should.
- 2015's Notable Tech Executives and Employees
Fri, 18 Dec 2015
These men and women were given jobs that seemed nearly impossible—and they did them.
- Why Use Open Source Software?
Mon, 14 Dec 2015
The reasons to choose open source are numerous, ranging from the practical to the philosophical.