Allaire Packages Internet Best Practices
Page 1 of 1
Allaire Corp. today introduced Allaire Spectra, a packaged system for content management, e-commerce and personalization.
Allaire Spectra is designed to use best-practices established by Internet businesses, uniting content, commerce and customer interaction capabilities into a common model for enterprise-wide Web systems.
Incorporating best practices in building and running large-scale Web businesses, Allaire Spectra is based on the concept of "transactive content" -- systems that combine a relationship between the management of Web content assets, services that extend a company's business models into e-commerce, and the ability to deliver this package to the customer in a personalized manner.
Allaire Spectra works off the idea that every participant in an enterprise has a unique set of requirements to be productive in their use of the Web. This spectrum of participants spans system administrators, developers, designers, business managers and users, as well as customers, partners, and site affiliates. For example, it gives business managers and users a set of Web-based tools for managing workflows and security roles, conducting analysis and reporting on the business, and self-managing content and commerce assets without any IT intervention.
- Content Management -- designing the content, logic, presentation and delivery of Web sites.
- Workflow and Process Automation -- tying a company's business processes into its Web systems.
- Roles-based Security -- securing the production, management and delivery of Web systems to employees, customers and partners.
- Personalization -- dynamically profiling and targeting information to Web site users based on their interests and behavior.
- Business Intelligence -- track, measure, analyze and report on activities in a Web business.
- Syndication -- extending a company's Web business to Internet business partners and other Web sites.
Allaire Spectra, which runs on Windows NT and Solaris, is currently in beta. The product is expected to ship in Q4 1999. A bundled offering that includes servers, tools, training, consulting and support will be priced at approximately $100,000. Standard pricing for Allaire Spectra will be $7,495 per server and requires ColdFusion Enterprise Application Server.