IBM Takes Rich Media Beyond Banners
Page 1 of 1
IBM Corp. this week announced HotMedia 2.5, a tool designed to make it easier for companies to create interactive online business media.
This release of HotMedia enables companies to easily integrate bandwidth-intelligent, high-volume multimedia with their current online business processes.
IBM (IBM) HotMedia 2.5 allows developers to synchronize HotMedia streaming audio with images for a more interactive Web-based presentation, slide show and/or panorama. This release also includes a batch processing feature which provides high-volume Web sites with the ability to automate the production of large amounts of rich media content.
In addition to the new synchronization and batch processing enhancements, HotMedia 2.5 includes:
- Enhanced streaming audio with selectable quality that provide options to trade-off bandwidth and listening experiences
- A new graphical user interface for Windows and Mac platforms for convenient copy/paste and other ease-of-use functions
- Image scrolling for advanced ticker effects
- GIF transparency support for optimizing bandwidth and memory usage
- Floating tool tips (hot spots) for enhanced interactivity in rich media experiences
- User specified time interval for auto transition from thumbnail images for additional control of page download characteristics
- Event triggers for creating rich media experiences, including mouse-over streaming audio or daisy-chained panoramas
For pricing or additional information about IBM HotMedia 2.5, visit the IBM HotMedia Web site.