Binary Evolution Adds XML to VelociGen
Page 1 of 1
VelociGen 2.0 attempts to minimize slow Web site performance that is often the result of a Web server's inability to respond quickly because of a bottleneck of CGIs accessing information from the database. The application enables the Web server to respond at speeds 25-times faster than CGI scripts, thus eliminating the bottleneck that can often result in thousands of dollars in lost revenue potential for each minute of downtime and customers that leave the site.
VelociGen 2.0's increased speed is obtained by maintaining persistent Perl and Tcl processing engines, pooling database connections, and byte-compiling and caching scripts. As a Web site's traffic increases, VelociGen 2.0's scaleable, load-balancing architecture enables easy expansion of capacity to meet the demand.
Other new features in VelociGen 2.0 include:
- Improved CGI Compatibility: Developers can instantly speed up existing CGI scripts without changing them
- Improved Internet Service Provider (ISP) Support: For ISPs that offer virtual hosting, VelociGen 2.0 can prevent one user's poorly written script from affecting the performance of others; can isolate CGI scripts written by a single user from those on the shared Web server
- Perl Module Documentation: Built with the most current version of Perl, VelociGen 2.0 provides an HTML interface to Perl documentation in all documentation and module files
- Scalability: Performance can be further improved by running VelociGen 2.0 on a cluster of Unix machines; Perl processing for a single Web server can be handled by multiple VelociGen 2.0 servers
- Session Management Server: Session management daemon enables Web applications to maintain user session information at high speed without separate database software
VelociGen 2.0 can be installed on Unix and Microsoft NT servers, and interacts with database engines via industry-standard protocols, such as ODBC and SQL. VelociGen 2.0 runs on Sun-Netscape iPlanet Web Server, Netscape Fasttrack/Enterprise Server, Apache, Microsoft IIS/PWS, O'Reilly WebSite Pro, and other ISAPI compatible Web servers. Platforms supported are Windows NT Intel, Solaris SPARC, SGI IRIX, HP-UX, AIX and Linux Intel.
VelociGen 2.0 can be purchased from Binary Evolution's Web site. A 60-day evaluation copy is also available.