Project Cool Announces Top Sites for 1999
Page 1 of 1
Project Cool Inc. and Web critic Glenn Davis this week announced their top picks for the best Web sites of 1999.
Project Cool's Sightings area identifies one Web site every day that shows prominence in the use of Web media.
Winners for the Top Sites For 1999 include:
- Best Personal Expression Site - Brianna.org is a personal "presentation" created by Brianna Privett
- Best Multimedia Presentation - Not for Ourselves Alone is a multimedia presentation companion to the Ken Burns documentary about Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony; the site was developed for PBS by Second Story Studio
- Best Flash Experience - First Nine Months is an exploration of a child's development in the womb; it was created by Joseph Moore and hosted by iVillage's ParentsPlace.com
- Best Corporate Web Presence - mutualfundstrategist.com is the corporate site of money manager Mutual Fund Strategist Ltd.
- Best Online Literary Magazine - rivertrout.com is a 'zine specializing in the "seemingly lost art" of letter writing; the site was designed by J.P. Vicente and Christina Jensen
- Best Use of the Medium - Art and Culture is a San Francisco-based site that provides "information-in-context" in the areas of art and culture