Microsoft Releases Preview of BizTalk Server 2000
Page 1 of 1
Microsoft Corp. has released a preview version of its BizTalk Server 2000.
Building on the BizTalk initiative announced last year, this preview release provides the next step in Microsoft's (MSFT) comprehensive solution for Internet application integration using XML, a statement released by the company said.
Internet application integration embraces a single integration methodology for traditional enterprise application integration scenarios inside the organization, and business-to-business e-commerce scenarios between trading partners over the Internet.
"BizTalk Server 2000 technology preview shows a comprehensive and accessible solution for doing Internet application integration inside the organization and with trading partners anywhere in the world across the Internet," said Tod Nielsen, vice president of marketing for the Platform Group at Microsoft.
BizTalk Server 2000's features include:
- Reliable document interchange to support delivery and content-driven rules-based routing of multiple document types
- Multiple network transport support permits delivery across a variety of transports
- Robust security provided by encryption, digital signatures and public key infrastructure to ensure secure transmission of sensitive business information
- Graphical modeling and development tools provided by the BizTalk Editor to enable the easy creation and editing of XML documents and the conversion of other formats into XML
- Application adapters in the adapter architecture to enable the integration of XML with existing business systems
- Tracking and analysis tools to perform analytics and generate custom reports on business processes
The preview version BizTalk Server 2000 can be downloaded from Microsoft's site. There is no charge for the download, although connect-time charges may apply. The final release of the product is expected later this year.Related Stories:
Microsoft Provides the Road Map to SQL Server 2000