COAST To Unveil WebMaster 3.0 at Internet World Canada
Page 1 of 1
COAST Software Inc. will introduce this week at Mecklermedia's Internet World Canada in Toronto WebMaster 3.0, the latest version of its Web site management software.
This release is targeted at corporate Web and intranet site administrators. COAST WebMaster 3.0 can be used to identify the differences between Web sites, and is able to map and maintain multiple-server Web sites.
Currently, COASTWebMaster is being used by administrators to monitor the condition and maintain the content of large Web sites. By enabling Webmasters to have a greater control over their site's content, and providing a way to instantly map, analyze, and update the content of Web sites, COAST WebMaster is providing the control that large-scale production sites need.
New features of COAST WebMaster 3.0 include:
- Multi-Server Support, which enables administrators to map and maintain the content of multiple virtual servers
- Site Comparison, which allows content managers to identify and eliminate inconsistencies between sites, such as development and production sites or mirrored sites
- WebMonitor, which enables the scheduled, customized monitoring of multiple sites
- PageRules, which may be used to check for the absence or presence of specific text, tags, links, applets, controls, scripting, forms, frames, etc. on individual pages or across the site
- Performance Statistics, which indicates which pages are slow and provides download estimates for all of the typical connection speeds.
The tool also features icons and reports specifically for mapping and analyzing Lotus Domino databases, views, and documents.
COAST WebMaster 3.0 is currently in beta testing and is expected to be released by the end of 1Q98. Expected retail price is $495, with evaluation copies available from the COAST Web site.