Cosmo PageFX Generates Low-Bandwidth VRML
Page 1 of 1
Cosmo Software, a Silicon Graphics company, today announced the beta availability of Cosmo PageFX, a new kind of Web authoring tool that enables 2D graphic and Web designers to easily add depth, motion, and interactivity to images and type.
Cosmo PageFX creates low-bandwidth Web content in the ISO standard VRML 2.0 file format, which allows for rapid download and viewing over the Web. A Windows 95 and Windows NT beta version of Cosmo PageFX is currently available for download at no charge from Cosmo's site.
Cosmo PageFX gives designers the tools they need to create interactive ad banners that attract and engage viewers' attention. With Cosmo PageFX, designers can create eye-catching banners and animated logos to drive traffic to Web sites.
Cosmo PageFX provides the capability to creatively solve site navigation problems. The interactive Web graphics created with Cosmo PageFX make it possible to more effectively convey the scope of a Web site while conserving screen real estate.
Cosmo PageFX composes dynamic Web graphics from a variety of media including:
- TrueType and Type 1 typeface outlines
- Images (JPEG, or PNG or GIF with transparency) created by other tools
- Sound imported as WAV and MIDI sequences
- Shapes imported as VRML 2.0 files
- Ready-made elements from the Cosmo PageFX clip-art library.
Cosmo PageFX provides designers with the capability to:
- Maintain complete control over depth placement, size, 3D rotation and transparency
- Define color, texture, transparency and sheen of elements
- Add motion and appearance effects from a library of 40 customizable effects
- Orchestrate the timing, synchronization and sequencing of effects
- Control interaction cues and responses
Final customer shipment is scheduled for June. The suggested retail price is $329, with an estimated street price of $250.