Microsoft Unveils Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition
Page 1 of 1
Microsoft Corp. announced Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition today, a full-featured suite for developing scalable enterprise solutions.
Introduced at the Microsoft Tech Ed conference, Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition includes the tools and features needed for component-based development, enterprise data access, and development life-cycle support.
The tools have been integrated with Windows NT-based middle-tier application services that enable the flexibility and scalability of Microsoft's Windows Distributed interNet Architecture.
Using Visual Studio 6.0, Microsoft said Web developers can create, consume, and reuse the company's Component Object Model (COM) components. This model allows developers to put together multi-tier Web applications using existing, third-party or custom-developed components. Any programming language, including C++, Visual Basic, or Java, may be utilized to create the business logic components.
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Visual C++ 6.0
- The Visual J++ 6.0 development system for Java
- The Visual InterDev 6.0 Web development system
- The Visual FoxPro 6.0 database development system
- Windows NT Option Pack with Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0, Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0, and Microsoft Message Queue Server 1.0
- Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Library CD-ROM, special edition
- Enterprise Visual Database Tools
- Development Life-Cycle Tools
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0
- Microsoft Repository 2.0
- Microsoft Visual Component Manager
- Visual Modeler 2.0
- Visual Studio Analyzer
- BackOffice Server 4.5 Developer Edition
Visual Studio 6.0 will be officially launched on Sept. 2, 1998, at Microsoft's Developer Days 98, which will be hosted at over 120 national and international locations.
For more information on DevDays 98, visit the Developer Days site. For additional information about Visual Studio, visit the Microsoft Web site.