Chat software WebBoard 3.5 Released
Page 1 of 1
O'Reilly & Associates recently released WebBoard version 3.5, the latest upgrade for its collaboration, discussion and chat package.
This new version expands the abilities of administrators and visitors to communicate with each other using new features such as real-time paging, broadcasting, email address verification, password notification by email, and SMTP server enhancement.
New features in the latest release of WebBoard include:
- Real-time paging, which enables users to communicate instantly with other board visitors
- Broadcasting enables administrators and conference board managers to make board-wide and system-wide broadcasts which instantly appear on the screen of all logged-in users
- E-mail address verification, a new security feature which will prevent users from creating accounts using another person's e-mail address
- Password reminder system enables site visitors who've forgotten their password to retrieve it without the assistance of the administrator
- Co-existing SMTP server support enables WebBoard's SMTP server to run on the same computer as another SMTP server