Survey Finds Fashion Shoppers Among the Most Loyal
Page 1 of 2
Price may be a large factor in consumer decision-making in some e-commerce categories, but loyalty is a key factor when it comes to "fashion and style goods," according to a new study.
In fact, the study from ActivMedia Research, entitled "Fashion & Style: Building Consumer Loyalty Online," shows that among highly experienced shoppers in this category, more than three in four purchases are made at sites that shoppers went online specifically to visit.
Among frequent buyers who shop for such products online more than five times a year, five in six purchases are made at favorite sites that have proven their worth in past visits, and inspire loyalty with a highly satisfying online shopping experience, the study found.
These intense loyalties exhibited online among customers at Web sites that market Fashion & Style products make it all the more difficult for newcomers to capture a piece of the pie, ActivMedia said.
What does it take to earn this customer loyalty?
- In four of five recent online shopping experiences, vendors were able to match customers with the products that have the features they came to find
- In-stock, immediate delivery is a hallmark of a preferred site -- four in five F&S purchases are shipped within two days of placing the order
- Nearly three in five of the most recent F&S purchases were made at sites belonging to stores previously purchased from off-line
- So-called "Click-and-Brick" Fashion & Style retailers are increasingly leveraging their off-line presence, brand equity and existing past customer relationships to build high-traffic online shopping destinations
- Customer support and service after the sale are critical to maintaining online loyalty Three in four Fashion & Style shoppers feel customer support at the sites last shopped at was strong For buyers of Furniture & Appliances, this rating reached above 90 percent Three in four stores selling Jewelry & Accessories are considered to have strong customer service
The study involved 1,000 shoppers with experience purchasing Fashion & Style merchandise online and the full version is priced at $1,295.
PaintingsDIRECT.com Signs E-Com Pact With StarMedia Original, contemporary paintings e-commerce site PaintingsDIRECT.com signed a placement deal to offer its entire art collection through StarMedia Network Inc., an Internet media company for Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking audiences.
PaintingsDIRECT.com will make its collection of art products available on StarMedia's Shopping Channel under Arts (Arte) as well as on the Arts & Entertainment Channel (Artes y Espectaculos) and under the Culture and Style (Cultura y Estilo) category.
Financial arrangements were not disclosed. Users will be welcomed to the StarMedia/PaintingsDIRECT.com area in Spanish and Portuguese. All of PaintingsDIRECT.com's features will be available through the StarMedia network including its customized framing and its "view to scale" options.
The framing feature enables customers to virtually "try on" a variety of frame styles and mat colors to visualize how a painting would look in a particular frame.
"View to scale" enables visitors to view the size of a painting relative to the size of an average person.
PaintingsDIRECT.com enables visitors to search for art using a variety of criteria including country of origin, color, theme, key word, size and price. It also offers detailed biographies of all its artists as well as artists' quotes on the inspiration behind the