Oxygen Picks RealNetworks for Audio, Video
Page 1 of 1
In return, Oxygen Media will provide women-oriented content through the Real.com Network, which includes RealPlayer and the Real.com Guide. RealNetworks' (RNWK) Real Broadcast Network (RBN), with its distributed broadcast hubs and multicast delivery, will be the exclusive provider of streaming media hosting and services for Oxygen Media's Web sites.
Oxygen programming will be accessible daily at Oxygen's Web site and through the Oxygen-branded channel button on RealPlayer 7 featuring:
- Pure Oxygen, Oxygen's live, 2-hour primetime program featuring the latest information, trends and happenings on health, style, business, parenting, and entertainment
- SheCommerce, a program that helps women take full advantage of e-commerce and other technologies to become better shoppers online
- X-Chromosome, cable TV's first original animated prime-time series created specifically for -- and often by -- women
- Trackers, original programming created by young women for each other
- Oprah Goes Online, an introduction to the Internet with Oprah Winfrey and her friend Gayle King
"We are thrilled to be working with RealNetworks, the leaders in streaming media. We think this is a win-win for our customers, our cable partners and for RealNetworks," said Geraldine Laybourne, chairwoman and chief executive officer of Oxygen Media.