theglobe.com Develops Holiday E-Commerce Area
Page 1 of 1
Community site theglobe.com launched an e-commerce Holiday Survival Guide featuring shopping options, gift advice, games, contests and festive recipes.
The Holiday Survival Guide features 13 different commerce partners including: 3COM, Intel, Hewlett Packard, Crutchfield, Virtual Vineyards, Lowestfare.com, Lenox Collections, Cyberian Outpost, Cars.com, Flowers USA, Countdown Clocks International, Chip Shot Golf and Delta 3.
"The Holiday Survival Guide brings all the elements of the holidays into one area so that our members can customize their shopping experience online," said Todd Krizelman, co-CEO of theglobe.com.
Special areas on the holiday page that members can explore include:
- Cocktails and Nibbles, a place where members share recipes, sponsored by Virtual Vineyards
- a homepage building contest where the best homepage creator can win two "Big Picture" video phones from 3 COM
- Find a Friend to search for a long-lost friend and wish them a happy holiday, from WhoWhere -
- Puzzles, where members connect missing links for three colorful images from Hewlett Packard;
- a travel spot where members can find the best deals on airfares, hotels and vacation packages from Lowestfare.com
- gift advice from other members
- Great Deals on Gifts, allowing members to from the Holiday Survival Guide to the Impulse Buy Network's selection of products, ranging from apparel to toys and music.
theglobe.com is also offering members 10 minutes of free PC-to-phone calling through Delta 3's special holiday program. All members will receive this special offer via e-mail. In addition, Delta 3 will have holiday greeting cards for members to send friends and family. The cards are sent via e-mail and hold up to 10 minutes of free PC-to-phone calling.