Aether Systems Joins Phone.com Alliance Program
Page 1 of 1
Aether (AETH) developed a Wireless Applications Protocol (WAP) enterprise center for its corporate customers and expects to begin offering WAP-enabled services to customers in February 2000.
Aether plans to combine Phone.com's (PHCM) mobile phone expertise with its technology for building wireless applications for enterprise customers.
Aether will use Phone.com's software development tools to develop its smart phone based applications using the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), a cellular industry standard that allows digital wireless phones to receive data from the Internet. Aether will be able to offer WAP services to its suite of mobile solutions with the aid of Phone.com's software development kit.
- An experienced team of wireless data software developers, dedicated to creating customized WAP-based applications and solutions
- The highest level of security and reliability including, hosting of enterprise WAP applications on servers inside Aether's network operations center
- Seamless, private, high speed connections to multiple carriers' networks, allowing the broadest possible geographic wireless coverage
- Aether's full range of end-user customer service, technical support and device provisioning capabilities
- Protection from technology obsolescence, as Aether adapts to current and future development environments and device operating systems for WAP and other protocols
"Phone.com is a pioneering force in Web-based phone technologies. They can help us bring the most feature-rich smart-phone capabilities to our enterprise customers," said George Davis, chief operating officer of Aether Systems.
"This alliance furthers our goal to offer the most useful applications over the broadest range of devices--including smart phones, handheld computers and two-way pagers--to our enterprise customers."