Cisco Introduces VPN, Firewall Solutions
Page 1 of 1
Cisco Systems Inc. Monday unveiled a portfolio of broadband solutions for remote access and enterprise virtual private networks.
The solution is anchored by the new Cisco (CSCO) VPN 3000 Concentrator series, providing scalable aggregation for enterprise-class deployment and central site aggregation of single-user and remote office connections. It also includes an integrated VPN client, bringing encrypted traffic capabilities.
Specific new products in the Cisco VPN solution include:
- Cisco VPN 3005 Concentrator solution for small businesses and branch office customer requirements
- Cisco VPN 3000 monitor, a software application for centralized monitoring, alert and data collection on multiple concentrators
- Cisco Secure PIX Firewall 506, an enterprise-class security appliance for small business and small branch offices
- Cisco Secure Policy Manager 2.0, a VPN-optimized security policy management system for the enterprise
- VPN module for Cisco 1700 series access routers providing accelerated VPN services
The Cisco product portfolio builds upon the company's lead in the VPN market, where the company has an established line of dedicated and optimized VPN routers. Cisco is also the worldwide leader in the firewall market with its Cisco Secure PIX Firewall family.
The Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator series is available immediately, with prices ranging from $4,000 to $40,000.