Small Business Suite 5.1 Released by Novell
Page 1 of 1
Novell Inc. delivered its Small Business Suite 5.1 product, saying it was "designed to give small e-businesses the same tools many Fortune 500 firms use."
The suite includes Novell NetWare 5.1, Novell NDS eDirectory services and Novell GroupWise 5.5. The product also includes key partner products including IBM WebSphere, Network Associates' VirusScan and NetShield, Oracle8i, Tobit FaxWare and others.
"Today's business environment requires companies of all sizes to have reliable networks and tools that combine their internal network, extranet and the Internet " said Craig Miller, vice president and general manager of Novell's Net Management business unit.
"Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 provides an integrated set of products that satisfy nearly every networking need that small businesses have. The suite also provides customers with the flexibility they need to expand their networks as their companies grow."
Small Business Suite 5.1 provides tools for remote access, collaboration, faxing and Web serving capabilities. Enhancements in this edition include:
- The Standard Installation option has been upgraded to enable customers to more easily create and configure their networks
- Novell BorderManager 3.5 Firewall with Proxy/Caching Services is included
- Free installation support is available to help install the Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 server, Novell GroupWise, and the connection to the Internet
- Novell NetWare 5.1 provides small business customers with a pure IP-based operating system, including WebSphere, NetWare Management Portal, and the Novell NDS eDirectory
- Novell GroupWise 5.5 delivers an array of Net services software, including messaging, calendaring, document management and workflow, making everyday work processes such as sending e-mail, setting up meetings or collaborating on projects easier
Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 will ship within 30 days. Pricing details were not disclosed.