ICAST Introduces "C:TV" Broadcast Solution
Page 1 of 1
Multicast technology developer ICAST Corporation unveiled its Corporate/Campus Television (C:TV) product family this week at DEMO '98, an IP multicast solution for corporate and university intranets.
The customizable, real-time voice and video broadcast solution is designed to enable corporations and universities to communicate globally on existing computer networks.
ICAST said C:TV can be employed to deliver full-screen, full-motion video for such applications as informal corporate communication, employee training, distance learning, and business news delivery to the employee desktops.
C:TV suite is comprised of five different products:
- ICAST Broadcaster, a standards-based solution for broadcasting live real-time video, voice, and text streams on existing TCP/IP networks.
- ICAST Viewer & Guide, a real-time directory that displays video, voice, and text streams.
- ICAST Meter, a tool that monitors network bandwidth usage, profiles audience viewership, and characterizes network performance.
- ICAST Relay, a feature that enables access to voice, video, and text programs over non-multicast-enabled networks and desktop PCs.
- ICAST Recorder, a feature that records live streams and stores them on a remote server for replay on demand.
"Before ICAST, corporations and universities did not have a technology that would allow them to deliver mission-urgent voice- and video-based information across global computer networks in real time. In essence, what they have been looking for is an intranet-based private television broadcast for their employees or students," said Enzo Torresi, CEO, ICAST Corporation.
"ICAST's C:TV solution is an advanced multicast product that acts as a television network at low bandwidths within large scale intranets. By integrating this software, companies and campuses will be able to broadcast the information to PC desktops across their global intranets."