Corporate Yahoo! Bags New Clients
Page 1 of 1
Yahoo! Inc. Monday tapped a few more firms to license its Corporate Yahoo! for global intranet and extranet portal solutions.
The portal giant inked separate enterprise services agreements with Honeywell, Applied Materials Inc., Intellinex, an e-learning venture of Ernst & Young LLP, and TCW Group. Financial details were not disclosed.
Corporate Yahoo! is a customized enterprise information portal based on the well-known My Yahoo! interface which enables companies to integrate proprietary corporate content and applications with Yahoo!'s personalized Internet content and services behind existing firewalls. Corporate Yahoo! utilizes TIBCO Software Inc.'s ActivePortaltechnology.
The uses the firms have for Corporate Yahoo! are as follows:
- Honeywell has entered into an agreement to integrate Corporate Yahoo! for two Honeywell projects: an employee intranet as well as an extranet site for professionals in the facilities industry
- myFacilities.com Honeywell's leading industry e-hub, is also utilizing Corporate Yahoo! to deliver a personalized site for facility industry professionals. With the My Yahoo! interface and preferences, myFacilities.com users can now create their own personalized home pages within the site, displaying only the information most relevant to their work, their personal interests and their ongoing needs
- Applied Materials is deploying Corporate Yahoo! for its employee portal as part of a knowledge management initiative for its worldwide employee base
- Intellinex, recently launched "iSpace," an intranet portal that will be used by all of its employees. The portal utilizes the Corporate Yahoo! solution to integrate Yahoo! services alongside Intellinex intranet sites and the company's hosted e-learning portal.
- TCW Group is deploying Corporate Yahoo! for its intranet portal as an important part of its overall strategy to leverage information and intellectual capital across its enterprise, foster collaboration and increase efficiency and scalability
Yahoo! first announced its corporate initiative in late June.
The first clients to deploy Corporate Yahoo! include Alcatel, Inktomi Corp. and Network Appliance. Corporate Yahoo! relies on Inktomi's search engine and Hewlett-Packard for reselling, marketing, system integration and customer support.