Discover Brokerage Launches Wireless Service
Page 1 of 1
Looking to tap into the growing handheld market, Discover Brokerage Monday introduced TradeRunner, an investing service designed to work with 3Com Palm III or IIIx.
TradeRunner is made to offer many of the options associated with traditional Discover Brokerage trading. Features include the ability to:
- Buy or sell equities, mutual funds and options (excluding LEAPS)
- Research the market with real-time business news;
- Get real-time quotes
- Analyze market movements with intraday and historical charts
- Review account balances, holdings, orders and activities
- Get alerts on breaking market or stock activity
Developed with Aether Technologies, TradeRunner uses a Palm III or IIIx, compact wireless modem and special software. A special wireless network was made to offer secure transactional capabilities. The company anticipates that TradeRunner will soon be compatible with the Palm V and with handheld devices using the Windows CE operating system.
Pricing ranges from $49 to $579 (excluding $69 start-up fee), depending on customers' needs and whether they already own compatible hardware. A monthly fee of $69 plus exchange fees, gives customers unlimited access for trades, account inquiries and news headlines. Users can also pay an extra fee for additional news and information, the company said.