Scratching That Wireless Itch
Remember when those reports came out years back that said cellphones caused brain cancer?
I wasn't shocked by it.
I figured people who spent hours a day on cellphones, devices that intermittently cut off callers every three minutes, must have some brain damage after all.
But now come reports that people are claiming they are allergic to wireless transmissions.
Yup, you read that right.
Residents in New Mexico claim they get heart tugs, shortness of breath and numb thumbs when exposed to WiFi.
Numb thumbs? Ok then.
Stop cracking the jokes about New Mexico, how hot it's there.. all those alien sightings... the lack of smog.
It seems there is a small group of people who claim their health is being affected by what's being called Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS).
It's a malady that causes pain to people who are highly sensitive to electromagnetic fields.
Yet no study has proved anything conclusive.
All I know is that the dream of getting a cell tower within 20 miles of my home is now further away then ever.
I'm doomed to be standing in the rain out in my driveway for years to come to talk on my cellphone.
I'd trade that for the coziness of my couch for a little thumb numbness anyday.