- Oracle Reboots SPARC with New M8 Processor
Tue, 19 Sep 2017
Apparently rumors of SPARC's demise were not entirely accurate.
- LinuxKit Helps Extend Linux Container Functionality Beyond Linux
Mon, 18 Sep 2017
LinuxKit carries the potential to significantly shake things up in the containerization sector, but does it actually make containerized apps more secure?
- Larry Ellison: There Is No One Left for Oracle to Buy
Fri, 15 Sep 2017
No mention of the death of SPARC hardware as Oracle aims to deliver self-driving database technology.
- Open Source Summit: Linux Kernel Developers Discuss Challenges, Opportunities
Thu, 14 Sep 2017
What's wrong, what's right and what's missing from Linux kernel development today?
- IBM Debuts LinuxONE Emperor II Mainframe at Open Source Summit
Tue, 12 Sep 2017
Once again, IBM once again uses a Linux Foundation event to make mainframe news.
- Jim Zemlin Declares 2017 the Year of the Linux Desktop
Mon, 11 Sep 2017
At the Open Source Summit in LA, the Linux Foundation chief details the continued progress of Linux and open source.
- Mirantis Aims to Build, Operate and Transfer OpenStack Clouds
Fri, 08 Sep 2017
VIDEO: Mirantis co-founder Boris Renski explains his firm's model for OpenStack.
- Meg Whitman Outlines What's Next for HPE
Wed, 06 Sep 2017
As HPE exits the software business, servers will become more of a focus for the company.
- OpenStack Pike Cloud Platform Still Provides AWS Compatibility Layer
Tue, 05 Sep 2017
After 16 releases, a core component of the open source OpenStack cloud platform remains in place.
- Dell Emphasizes VMware's Role in Technology Evolution
Tue, 29 Aug 2017
Michael Dell, CEO of Dell Technologies, joined VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger at VMworld to talk about the future of technology.
- VMware Updates Virtualization Software and Cloud Services at VMworld 2017
Mon, 28 Aug 2017
VMware Cloud for AWS is now generally available, as are new cloud and data centers technology updates.
- IEEE Set to Bring Certainty to Quantum Computing Definitions
Thu, 24 Aug 2017
New IEEE P7130 project will provide a standard for Quantum Computing definitions.
- Red Hat Continues Container Development Efforts with Microsoft
Wed, 23 Aug 2017
Windows Server containers support for Red Hat OpenShift is coming, but not until spring 2018.
- Vector Sends Server Virtualization into Orbit
Wed, 23 Aug 2017
Server virtualization may have become fairly routine stuff down here on Earth, but there are still areas - like space - where it has only just begun to make an impact.
- Cisco Acquiring Springpath for $320M to Advance Hyperconvergence
Mon, 21 Aug 2017
Springpath's hyperconvergence software platform helps turn regular servers into a pool of converged resources.
- Lenovo's Data Center Business Aims to Move Forward
Fri, 18 Aug 2017
Nearly three years after acquiring IBM's x86 business, Lenovo is optimistic it can turn things around.
- HPE Synergy Scores on the Software-Defined Scale
Tue, 15 Aug 2017
HPE delivers a platform that truly defines your computing environment as well as the operating system and apps with its new software-defined compute, networking, software and storage Synergy platform.
- Oracle Brings Bare Metal Exadata Performance to the Cloud
Tue, 15 Aug 2017
Running an Oracle Exadata engineered system brings the promise of accelerated performance.
- HPE Spaceborne Computer Testing Enterprise-Grade Servers in Space
Fri, 11 Aug 2017
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is sending a Linux-powered Supercomputer into space on a SpaceX rocket.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.6 Previews New Technology
Thu, 10 Aug 2017
Latest release of OpenShift is based on the Kubernetes 1.6 milestone and provides a sneak peak of new capabilities yet to come.
- Oracle Linux 7 Update 4 Reaches General Availability
Wed, 09 Aug 2017
The new update follows last week's Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 release.
- Heptio Automates Kubernetes Recovery with Ark and Improves Diagnostics with Sonobuoy
Tue, 08 Aug 2017
New open-source projects from Kubernetes founders aims to make it easier to run the container orchestration platform in production.
- Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems of 2017
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Got data, big or small? Need a database server, on-premises or in the cloud? Chances are you'll be considering at least one of these leading enterprise database systems to meet your needs.
- Bitnami's Cabin Mobile Kubernetes Dashboard Goes Open Source
Wed, 02 Aug 2017
Run a full Kubernetes cluster from the palm of your hand with the newly open-sourced Cabin.
- Canonical's Container-Visor a Sign of Virtualization's Evolution
Mon, 31 Jul 2017
The future of virtualization is likely to be some sort of hybrid container and virtual machine — "container machines" — that offer the best benefits of both.