- Canonical Partners with AMD for Ubuntu OpenStack Cloud Server
Tue, 16 Sep 2014
AMD is positioning its SeaMicro SM15000 as a cloud-in-a-box solution.
- Data Centers Face Major Disruptions in Near Future: Gartner
Sun, 14 Sep 2014
From competition to changing workloads to tensions with China, significant changes are coming to data centers, the analysts say.
- Building Linux Distributions That Aren't Boring [VIDEO]
Fri, 12 Sep 2014
Fedora Project Leader Matthew Miller discusses why Linux has become boring to some and his plan to change that perception.
- Intel Sampling Xeon D SoC for Microservers, Networking, Storage
Wed, 10 Sep 2014
The processor eventually will join two other 64-bit Atom-based SoCs aimed at dense data center environments, a segment also being targeted by ARM.
- Intel Xeon E5 v3 Aims to Be a Leading Indicator
Mon, 08 Sep 2014
Intel pulls the wraps off its latest server silicon, promising dramatic improvements in performance, security and monitoring capabilities.
- Dell Ups Its Game with the New T630 Tower Server
Mon, 08 Sep 2014
In conjunction with the release of the Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Haswell processors, Dell has rolled out a portfolio of new servers that includes the PowerEdge T630.
- Red Hat Extends Cisco Server Partnership
Fri, 05 Sep 2014
A partnership between Red Hat and Cisco USC that began in 2009 is still going strong, with continued collaboration on the cloud a point of emphasis.
- Cisco Expands UCS Server Lineup for Cloud and the Edge
Thu, 04 Sep 2014
UCS rack and blade servers now have some company in Cisco's biggest server update in years.
- Enabling Server Validation for Windows and Android 802.1X Clients
Wed, 03 Sep 2014
Discover how server validation for 802.1X clients can help ensure your users reach the correct RADIUS server and avoid being duped by fake servers set up by hackers.
- Stacking Up Three Windows Server-Based Storage Solutions
Thu, 28 Aug 2014
Our latest server review compares several storage solutions running under either Windows Storage Server or Windows Server Essentials.
- New Gen 9 Servers Arriving from HP
Thu, 28 Aug 2014
Next-generation servers set to support 40 Gigabit Ethernet networking and 12 Gb/s storage drives.
- Server Market Grows to $12.6 Billion in 2Q14
Wed, 27 Aug 2014
IDC sees some positive trends emerging in the server market.
- IBM Set to Debut New Power 8 Servers in October [VIDEO]
Tue, 26 Aug 2014
IBM's General Manager of Power takes aim at Intel and details why openness matter for chip design.
- Docker Founder Details His Plan to Secure Virtualization
Fri, 22 Aug 2014
VIDEO: Solomon Hykes explains what's coming next in the open-source Docker container virtualization project.
- Founder Explains What Docker Is All About
Thu, 21 Aug 2014
In a LinuxCon keynote, Solomon Hykes talks about the present and future of Docker.
- The Benefits of Docker vs. Server Virtualization
Tue, 19 Aug 2014
While containerization may not be a substitute for full-blown hypervisor-based server virtualization, it does offer a number of key benefits.
- Is KVM or Docker Faster for Server Virtualization?
Mon, 18 Aug 2014
A new report from IBM stacks up Linux container against KVM virtual machine performance.
- Oracle Announces SPARC M7 with Security, Performance Enhancements
Wed, 13 Aug 2014
Integration with Database and Java development teams leads to new server CPU innovations.
- Microsoft in Fighting Form vs. VMware
Tue, 12 Aug 2014
While Microsoft is claiming to have eaten some of VMware's lunch in the virtualization space, VMware undoubtedly will be taking some of Microsoft's dinner.
- HP Unveils Smaller, Less Costly Helion Cloud Platform
Sat, 09 Aug 2014
The company, which is investing $1 billion in its cloud initiative, is continuing to grow the services offered under the Helion umbrella.
- Super Micro SuperServer Delivers the Power
Wed, 06 Aug 2014
Consolidation is the name of the game in today's datacenter, and Super Micro has plenty of systems to help, including the SuperServer F627R3-R72B+.
- OpenVMS Coming to x86 Servers
Mon, 04 Aug 2014
HP licenses future development of DEC's OpenVMS to a startup that will push the server operating system forward.
- Red Hat Aims for Linux Standards for ARM Servers
Thu, 31 Jul 2014
The company launches a partner program with ARM, AMD and others to develop a common platform for servers powered by ARM-based chips.
- Managing Windows Azure Resources Using PowerShell
Tue, 29 Jul 2014
Discover how the 280-plus PowerShell cmdlets for Windows Azure can help you perform advanced administration for Windows Azure-hosted resources, including VMs.
- Virtual Machine Management on the Cheap for SMBs
Thu, 24 Jul 2014
With many SMBs becoming deeply involved in server virtualization, there's a growing need for simplified tools to manage their virtualized infrastructure.