- Oracle Goes After Cisco UCS, with the 'Whole Megillah'
Thu, 22 Jan 2015
Oracle aims to compete on price, but Cisco isn't worried.
- Eight Big Benefits of Software-Defined Networking
Tue, 20 Jan 2015
Cloud service providers that want to ensure customers can move their virtualized workloads without requiring much planning can certainly benefit from Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
- Ubuntu Advances Juju Linux Magic Charms
Thu, 15 Jan 2015
New Juju server app orchestration quickstart, GUI and charms debut.
- IBM Invests $1 Billion into New z13 Mainframe Platform
Tue, 13 Jan 2015
Linux is a big winner and an area of focus for IBM's mainframe efforts now and moving into the future.
- Docker Not the Only Container Option in 2015
Mon, 12 Jan 2015
The containerization scene is reminiscent of the server virtualization world five or six years ago. And when a good thing comes along, everyone -- including Microsoft sooner or later -- wants to get involved.
- Mirantis OpenStack 6.0 Accelerates Fuel Plugin Deployment
Thu, 08 Jan 2015
New OpenStack cloud server release enables a more automated way to load to new services.
- Two Tools for Testing DNS Server Speeds
Tue, 06 Jan 2015
While DNS services often advertise fast speeds and an improved web browsing experience, actual speeds can significantly vary. Discover two tools that help in finding the DNS server that will work best for you.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Tech Leadership Discusses Cloud Direction [VIDEO]
Mon, 05 Jan 2015
Mark McLoughlin, Red Hat's OpenStack technical lead, details cloud product efforts at the Linux leader.
- Docker to Gain New Ground in 2015, After Taking Center Stage in 2014
Fri, 02 Jan 2015
NEWS ANALYSIS: In the cloud/virtualization world, one technology dominated the conversation in 2014: "Docker." The technology will see further expansion in 2015.
- Open Server Summit Shines on Software-Defined Architectures
Mon, 29 Dec 2014
Scaling today's systems to meet the challenges that are arising from the mountains of data created by the Internet of Things will require leaning heavily on software and new technologies.
- Server Heavyweights Splashing the Cash in Scooping Up Smaller Cloud Players
Tue, 23 Dec 2014
Are the latest round of acquisitions in the cloud space a clear sign that OpenStack has become a force to be reckoned with?
- Red Hat Looks to OpenShift Containers for the Future
Fri, 19 Dec 2014
Red Hat reports third quarter fiscal 2015 earnings of $456 million, and the company sees emerging opportunities for further growth.
- Oracle Accelerates to the Cloud
Thu, 18 Dec 2014
Oracle server hardware sales on the rebound, but the real driver of growth is in the cloud.
- When Hyper-V External Virtual Network Switches Disrupt Network Connectivity
Wed, 17 Dec 2014
Creating an external virtual network switch changes the packet flow on the Hyper-V host, which can potentially create connectivity problems.
- Rackspace Embraces OpenPOWER
Tue, 16 Dec 2014
Rackspace is now the 80th member of the IBM-led OpenPower Alliance, even though Rackspace has never actually deployed a Power system.
- Docker Updates for Three Security Vulnerabilities
Mon, 15 Dec 2014
Docker 1.3.3 provides security updates although Red Hat doesn't consider the issues serious.
- Inside CoreOS Linux, Why Fleet and etcd Matter [VIDEO]
Fri, 12 Dec 2014
Brandon Philips, CTO of CoreOS, explains how his company's Linux server operating system components fit together.
- HP Gen9 Servers Pack More Punch
Wed, 10 Dec 2014
HP continues to innovate with each new generation of servers while maintaining the tradition of engineering quality hardware. Do the new Gen9 systems live up to that high standard?
- Nginx Raises $20M to Advance Web Server Technology
Tue, 09 Dec 2014
The lead vendor behind the open-source Nginx Web server is looking to fund its growth for the next 10 years.
- Fedora 21 Retools Linux for Servers
Tue, 09 Dec 2014
The first release of Red Hat's community Linux project in 2014 provides server, cloud and workstation-focused products.
- Third Quarter 2014 Server Revenues Rise
Fri, 05 Dec 2014
Reports from IDC and Gartner provide a hint of optimism as revenue and server unit shipments grow, thanks largely to the cloud.
- IBM and Cisco Team Up on Server VersaStack
Thu, 04 Dec 2014
With the VCE relationship in the rear-view mirror, Cisco looks forward with IBM's storage.
- Little Known GUI Firewall Options for Linux
Wed, 03 Dec 2014
While command-line interface-based firewalls may be the most popular options in Linux, there are some great easy to use yet powerful GUI-based firewalls as well.
- Linux Container Adoption Set to Grow Rapidly
Wed, 03 Dec 2014
Linux Foundation's 2014 end user report shows continued growth of Linux servers in the cloud, though concerns over skilled staffing remain.
- Cavium Debuts 48-Core ARM Server Chip
Mon, 01 Dec 2014
New ARM chips could be a big boost for Linux distributions.