- Red Hat Pushes Forward with CentOS [VIDEO]
Fri, 21 Nov 2014
Red Hat EVP and President Paul Cormier explains how CentOS fits in and why Red Hat doesn't draw a line for open source.
- Checking Active Directory Replication Using PowerShell
Thu, 20 Nov 2014
Discover six useful PowerShell cmdlets offered through Windows Server 2012 for checking and troubleshooting Active Directory replication status.
- SUSE Brings Live Patching and Ceph Storage to Its Enterprise Linux
Tue, 18 Nov 2014
General availability of technology from the kGraft project brings the promise of easier updates with less server downtime.
- China Leads Top500 Supercomputer List Again
Mon, 17 Nov 2014
Once again the Tianhe-2 is the world's most powerful supercomputer, but that doesn't tell the full story of supercomputer server installations in China.
- Red Hat Expands OpenShift PaaS and Container Efforts
Wed, 12 Nov 2014
OpenShift 2.2, xPaaS and Red Hat Atomic Host beta make their debuts this week.
- VMware in the Midst of a Virtualization Technology Management Makeover
Tue, 11 Nov 2014
VMware is seeking to stand out from the competition by re-styling itself, complete with a whole new suite of management products to tempt customers.
- LXD: The New Container Hypervisor for Virtualization Security
Thu, 06 Nov 2014
VIDEO: Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu Linux, details what the new LXD container effort is all about.
- OpenStack ROI and the Myths of Open Source
Thu, 06 Nov 2014
If someone doesn't believe that open source delivers better cloud software, what should vendors do? HP's Marten Mickos has a simple answer.
- Using Netsh to Manage Remote Servers and Workstations
Wed, 05 Nov 2014
The Windows network shell can help you configure network-related settings via the Command Prompt, and even better, it can also be used to efficiently manage remote machines.
- OpenStack and the Mysteries of the Universe
Tue, 04 Nov 2014
CERN details its massive server deployment and use of OpenStack at this week's Paris Summit.
- What's With All the Docker Love?
Thu, 30 Oct 2014
If you're into server virtualization tech, Docker is your friend, partly because you it plays nicely with your existing virtualization infrastructure.
- Zend Server 8 Delivers Z-Ray Application Insight
Wed, 29 Oct 2014
PHP server technology platform boosted with new Z-Ray feature, Power Linux support and cloud enhancements.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Debuts
Mon, 27 Oct 2014
The first major update to SUSE's flagship distribution since the company was split out from Novell is now available.
- HP Expands Moonshot Server Portfolio with x86 and Xen
Thu, 23 Oct 2014
HP's scale-out high-density server platform debuts new application-focused solutions.
- Mirantis Raises $100M for OpenStack Cloud Efforts
Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Armed with its latest funding round, OpenStack specialist Mirantis is positioning itself for an IPO in 2016.
- Choosing the Best Deployment Method for Implementing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Learn when to use System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 and when to use PowerShell cmdlets for deploying Microsoft HNV.
- VMware Exploring New Frontiers of Innovation?
Wed, 15 Oct 2014
It's time to take a closer look at the big takeaway from VMware coming out of VMworld 2014.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Debuts with Support on RHEL 7
Tue, 14 Oct 2014
New features that first appeared in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 come to RHEL 6 as users now also get the ability to run RHEL 6 on RHEL 7.
- OpenStack Juno Cloud Features Trove Database-as-a-Service Updates
Sun, 12 Oct 2014
The upcoming open-source OpenStack Juno cloud platform will now support more databases and database features.
- Configuring 802.1X Server Settings for Apple Devices
Wed, 08 Oct 2014
Learn how to pre-configure 802.1X and other network settings on Mac OS X and iOS devices for increased security and better user friendliness.
- VCE Launches New Converged Server Platforms
Mon, 06 Oct 2014
Joint venture for VMware, Cisco and EMC continues to grow and bear fruit.
- IBM Expands POWER8 Server Portfolio with Ubuntu Linux
Fri, 03 Oct 2014
New server systems and Data Engine solution bundles debut from Big Blue.
- Malware Evolves with Virtual Machines in Mind
Wed, 01 Oct 2014
With new strains of malware emerging that target virtual machines, it's more important than ever to properly protect your VMs running in enterprise data centers, private clouds or public clouds.
- AMD to Demo Hadoop Running on ARM-Based Server
Tue, 30 Sep 2014
The demonstration will show the maturity of the ecosystem around the 64-bit ARM architecture as it moves into the data center.
- HP Announces First 64-Bit ARM Moonshot Server
Mon, 29 Sep 2014
HP adds a pair of new servers to its Project Moonshot high-density platform.