- Choosing the Best Deployment Method for Implementing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Learn when to use System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 and when to use PowerShell cmdlets for deploying Microsoft HNV.
- Mirantis Raises $100M for OpenStack Cloud Efforts
Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Armed with its latest funding round, OpenStack specialist Mirantis is positioning itself for an IPO in 2016.
- VMware Exploring New Frontiers of Innovation?
Wed, 15 Oct 2014
It's time to take a closer look at the big takeaway from VMware coming out of VMworld 2014.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Debuts with Support on RHEL 7
Tue, 14 Oct 2014
New features that first appeared in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 come to RHEL 6 as users now also get the ability to run RHEL 6 on RHEL 7.
- OpenStack Juno Cloud Features Trove Database-as-a-Service Updates
Sun, 12 Oct 2014
The upcoming open-source OpenStack Juno cloud platform will now support more databases and database features.
- Configuring 802.1X Server Settings for Apple Devices
Wed, 08 Oct 2014
Learn how to pre-configure 802.1X and other network settings on Mac OS X and iOS devices for increased security and better user friendliness.
- VCE Launches New Converged Server Platforms
Mon, 06 Oct 2014
Joint venture for VMware, Cisco and EMC continues to grow and bear fruit.
- IBM Expands POWER8 Server Portfolio with Ubuntu Linux
Fri, 03 Oct 2014
New server systems and Data Engine solution bundles debut from Big Blue.
- Malware Evolves with Virtual Machines in Mind
Wed, 01 Oct 2014
With new strains of malware emerging that target virtual machines, it's more important than ever to properly protect your VMs running in enterprise data centers, private clouds or public clouds.
- AMD to Demo Hadoop Running on ARM-Based Server
Tue, 30 Sep 2014
The demonstration will show the maturity of the ecosystem around the 64-bit ARM architecture as it moves into the data center.
- HP Announces First 64-Bit ARM Moonshot Server
Mon, 29 Sep 2014
HP adds a pair of new servers to its Project Moonshot high-density platform.
- Mirantis OpenStack 5.1 Re-Fuels Cloud Server
Wed, 24 Sep 2014
Incremental update includes new access control security and VMware NSX support for networking virtualization.
- Azure Virtual Network Primer: Overview and Q&A for IT Pros
Tue, 23 Sep 2014
Discover how you can create your own virtual lab in the cloud by connecting several Microsoft Azure virtual machines using an Azure Virtual Network.
- Red Hat Set to Grow Thanks to Cloud and Containers
Fri, 19 Sep 2014
The server OS vendor reports its second quarter fiscal 2015 revenue and paints an optimistic picture for the road ahead.
- VMware Seeks to Provide Customers Safe Passage to Its MDM Solutions
Wed, 17 Sep 2014
How exactly has AirWatch been enhanced since being acquired by VMware earlier this year, and how does VMware's new "Safe Passage" tie into the company's strategy?
- Canonical Partners with AMD for Ubuntu OpenStack Cloud Server
Tue, 16 Sep 2014
AMD is positioning its SeaMicro SM15000 as a cloud-in-a-box solution.
- Data Centers Face Major Disruptions in Near Future: Gartner
Sun, 14 Sep 2014
From competition to changing workloads to tensions with China, significant changes are coming to data centers, the analysts say.
- Building Linux Distributions That Aren't Boring [VIDEO]
Fri, 12 Sep 2014
Fedora Project Leader Matthew Miller discusses why Linux has become boring to some and his plan to change that perception.
- Intel Sampling Xeon D SoC for Microservers, Networking, Storage
Wed, 10 Sep 2014
The processor eventually will join two other 64-bit Atom-based SoCs aimed at dense data center environments, a segment also being targeted by ARM.
- Dell Ups Its Game with the New T630 Tower Server
Mon, 08 Sep 2014
In conjunction with the release of the Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Haswell processors, Dell has rolled out a portfolio of new servers that includes the PowerEdge T630.
- Intel Xeon E5 v3 Aims to Be a Leading Indicator
Mon, 08 Sep 2014
Intel pulls the wraps off its latest server silicon, promising dramatic improvements in performance, security and monitoring capabilities.
- Red Hat Extends Cisco Server Partnership
Fri, 05 Sep 2014
A partnership between Red Hat and Cisco USC that began in 2009 is still going strong, with continued collaboration on the cloud a point of emphasis.
- Cisco Expands UCS Server Lineup for Cloud and the Edge
Thu, 04 Sep 2014
UCS rack and blade servers now have some company in Cisco's biggest server update in years.
- Enabling Server Validation for Windows and Android 802.1X Clients
Wed, 03 Sep 2014
Discover how server validation for 802.1X clients can help ensure your users reach the correct RADIUS server and avoid being duped by fake servers set up by hackers.
- New Gen 9 Servers Arriving from HP
Thu, 28 Aug 2014
Next-generation servers set to support 40 Gigabit Ethernet networking and 12 Gb/s storage drives.