- VMware Previews Cross-Cloud Services at VMworld
Mon, 29 Aug 2016
VMware takes aim at helping organizations to manage policies and deployments across disparate cloud services.
- LinuxCon: How Facebook Monitors Hundreds of Thousands of Servers with Netconsole
Tue, 23 Aug 2016
By looking at the lowest level of data traffic, Facebook is able to identify potential server problems before they become outages.
- New Supermicro SuperBlades Pack Some Serious Power
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
Supermicro's latest blade servers feature Intel Broadwell CPUs and when paired with NVMe and SSD disks are total screamers in terms of performance.
- Intel ARMs Silicon Fabrication
Wed, 17 Aug 2016
In a surprising move, Intel partners with ARM to build chips.
- Why Rackspace Is Bringing POWER to Its Data Centers
Mon, 15 Aug 2016
[VIDEO] John Engates, CTO of Rackspace, discusses the opportunities the OpenPOWER architecture brings.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Buying SGI for $275M
Thu, 11 Aug 2016
Move brings additional High Performance Computing (HPC) and Big Data technology to HPE.
- Aqua to the Container Security Rescue?
Wed, 10 Aug 2016
The Israeli security startup believes it can not only deliver the security lacking in Docker, but also that there's an opportunity for containers to be made more secure than monolithic apps can ever be.
- Rackspace Sells Cloud Sites Business to Liquid Web
Tue, 09 Aug 2016
Rackspace grows its Amazon services business, which apparently isn't cannibalizing its OpenStack revenues - yet.
- Rivals Google, Facebook Team Up on Efficient Rack Design
Mon, 08 Aug 2016
The two hyperscale companies worked together through the OCP to develop a new Open Rack standard to drive data center efficiency and performance.
- Huawei Launches Labs to Drive Open Cloud Networks
Sat, 06 Aug 2016
The Cloud Open Labs are part of the vendor's All Cloud strategy to make it easier for telco operators to migrate their infrastructures to the cloud.
- Cisco's UCS Mini Is Ready for any Workload
Tue, 02 Aug 2016
There's nothing "mini" about the Cisco UCS Mini -- it's a full-fledged blade server platform with the ability to scale up to meet the large majority of enterprise needs.
- Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2016
Mon, 01 Aug 2016
Got data, big or small? Need a database server, on-premises or in the cloud? Chances are you'll be considering at least one of these leading enterprise database systems to meet your needs.
- Red Hat Satellite 6.2 Adds Docker Deployment
Thu, 28 Jul 2016
New version of Red Hat server management tool gets into container provisioning.
- ContainerX Continues to Evolve at Lightning Speed
Tue, 26 Jul 2016
2016 is shaping up to be the year that many innovative new container management platforms enter General Availability, ContainerX included.
- Platform9 Expands from OpenStack to Kubernetes [VIDEO]
Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Madhura Maskasky, Co-Founder of Platform9, discusses why her firm has moved into the managed Kubernetes space.
- Intel Aims to Compete with Itself to Drive Growth
Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Intel reports second quarter revenue of $13.5 billion as CEO details his plans for continuous innovation.
- VMware Enters the 'Tornado' Phase of Virtualization
Tue, 19 Jul 2016
VMware's second quarter 2016 results reveal how the company is moving beyond just vSphere.
- ARM Acquired by SoftBank for $31B
Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Mobile chip innovator gets picked up in a big deal.
- Docker Debuts Swarm Mode and More at DockerCon
Wed, 13 Jul 2016
Docker Swarm Mode highlights an impressive set of announcements as Docker strives to make its container platform more convenient to set up, more secure and easier to use.
- Windows Server 2016 to Launch in Early Fall
Tue, 12 Jul 2016
Microsoft will use its upcoming Ignite conference as a launch pad for Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016.
- NGINX Is the Most Popular Docker Container App [VIDEO]
Tue, 12 Jul 2016
NGINX Inc CEO Gus Robertson details the success his company is having in the container world and where it's going next.
- Container Security Stepping Up to the Plate
Thu, 07 Jul 2016
The recent launch of Docker Security Scanning is just the latest sign that the security ecosystem around containers is getting stronger by the week.
- Kubernetes 1.3 Debuts, Advancing Cloud Orchestration
Thu, 07 Jul 2016
Improved scale and support for new container formats highlight latest open-source platform release.
- SUSE Expands Its Linux Offerings on Microsoft Azure
Wed, 06 Jul 2016
SUSE brings its High Performance Computing edition to Microsoft's cloud.
- Itanium Redux: HP Wins $3B in Battle with Oracle
Fri, 01 Jul 2016
Hewlett Packard scores a win in five year old battle