- Seven Free Tools for Windows Server Administrators
Tue, 06 Oct 2015
Get your hands on our goody bag of free server administration tools for helping you more efficiently configure, manage, troubleshoot and secure Windows Servers and domains.
- Linux Foundation Doubles Down on Real-Time Linux
Mon, 05 Oct 2015
After a decade of efforts trying to evolved Real-Time Linux, a new Linux Foundation Collaborative Project enters the fray.
- Mirantis 7 Fuels OpenStack Kilo With Liberty
Wed, 30 Sep 2015
The new release of Mirantis' OpenStack cloud platform, which bundles the Fuel toolkit for cloud deployment and management, focuses on stability.
- A Tale of Two Containers
Tue, 29 Sep 2015
It's never been easier to get started with containers. You can roll your own using Docker sources or try a packaged offering from Microsoft or VMware.
- When Virtualized Infrastructure Comes at an Added Cost
Thu, 24 Sep 2015
While server virtualization certainly offers many great benefits, when it comes to security there are potentially expensive drawbacks to consider.
- Red Hat CEO Optimistic on OpenStack Revenue Opportunity
Tue, 22 Sep 2015
Red Hat is now on track for $2 billion in fiscal 2016 revenue.
- NGINX Plus R7 Brings HTTP2 Support to Servers
Wed, 16 Sep 2015
Latest release of commercially supported web server improves security and performance.
- An Azure Lexicon for Working with Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure
Tue, 15 Sep 2015
Creating and using Azure virtual machines in the public cloud involves knowing and understanding a variety of defined Azure terms and components.
- Why Docker Needs OpenStack
Fri, 11 Sep 2015
VIDEO: Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Canonical, discusses the need for private cloud and why virtualization alone is not enough.
- Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
Tue, 08 Sep 2015
Got data, big or small? Need a database server, on-premises or in the cloud? Chances are you'll be considering at least one of these leading enterprise database systems to meet your needs.
- VMworld 2015: Is VMware Trying to Do Too Much, Too Fast?
Tue, 08 Sep 2015
NEWS ANALYSIS: VMworld 2015 was, more than anything, the year of software-defined data centers, storage and containers.
- Mark Shuttleworth Details Ubuntu 15.10 Highlights [VIDEO]
Fri, 04 Sep 2015
Shuttleworth explains how the .deb packaging format remains in place, even in a world where Ubuntu is embracing Snappy.
- Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
Thu, 03 Sep 2015
Docker 1.8 arrives with key new features that show Docker in particular and the container landscape in general are getting more and more mature every month.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
Wed, 02 Sep 2015
Containers and enhanced security are a key focus in the new RHEL platform preview.
- VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
Tue, 01 Sep 2015
Server virtualization is just the beginning as VMware's top exec outlines what it will take to succeed in the new digital economy.
- VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
Mon, 31 Aug 2015
VMware expands its hybrid cloud, OpenStack and container server virtualization solutions.
- Worldwide Server Revenues Top $13.5 Billion in 2Q15
Fri, 28 Aug 2015
HP holds the top spot again with Dell and IBM following behind.
- Blue Box OpenStack Lands on IBM Softlayer Servers
Wed, 26 Aug 2015
Recently acquired OpenStack private cloud technology now available to IBM customers.
- Mirantis Raises Another $100 Million, This Time from Intel
Tue, 25 Aug 2015
The OpenStack technology services provider has now surpassed more than $200 million in total venture funding.
- Top 10 Linux Server Distributions of 2015
Mon, 24 Aug 2015
The Top 10 Linux server operating system distros ranked by ease of use, cost, available support and data center reliability.
- Creating Azure Virtual Machines Quickly and Painlessly
Thu, 20 Aug 2015
There are several ways to create an Azure Virtual Machine, and the best option will likely depend on your role and expertise.
- Microsoft Ups Its Ante in Containers
Tue, 18 Aug 2015
Microsoft is retooling Windows Server and Azure as enterprises flock to application container technologies like Docker.
- Linuxcon: The Changing Role of the Server OS
Tue, 18 Aug 2015
Oracle's top Linux engineer details how containers are changing the world, and why containers themselves still need to change.
- IBM Launches New Linux Mainframes and Open Mainframe Project
Mon, 17 Aug 2015
Linux on the mainframe is a big deal for IBM and it's about to get even bigger.
- OpenStack Magnum Brings Containers to the Cloud [VIDEO]
Wed, 12 Aug 2015
Adrian Otto, Project Technical Leader for Magnum, discusses the challenges and opportunities of containers in the cloud.