- IBM Gearing Up for New Power8 Servers
Thu, 17 Apr 2014
IBM's first quarter 2014 results show a continued decline in hardware revenue, but Big Blue has a plan and new technology in the works.
- AMD Demos x86 APU Server Running Fedora Linux
Wed, 16 Apr 2014
The chip maker is looking to show the strength of the software ecosystem around heterogeneous computing processing.
- Microsoft Says Azure Cloud Services Safe From Heartbleed SSL Flaw
Fri, 11 Apr 2014
The company assures users Azure is immune to the OpenSSL flaw that affects much of the Internet. Customers running Linux images should remain on alert.
- VMware Extends Cloud Desktop Horizon
Thu, 10 Apr 2014
Horizon 6 launch takes direct aim at Citrix by enabling enterprises with new virtual desktop capabilities.
- Lenovo Deal for IBM's Servers Getting Close U.S. Scrutiny
Tue, 08 Apr 2014
Government officials reportedly are worried that buying servers from a Chinese company may endanger national security.
- Linux 3.14 Stabilizes ZRAM, Reduces Buffer Bloat
Mon, 31 Mar 2014
The new Linux kernel includes improved memory compression, scheduling and networking capabilities.
- Red Hat Banking on OpenStack for Future Growth
Fri, 28 Mar 2014
Red Hat's fiscal 2014 revenues top $1.5 billion as interest in OpenStack and RHEL 7 set the stage for more growth to come.
- Google Redefines Reserved and On-Demand Cloud Instances
Wed, 26 Mar 2014
Google lowers pricing and creates new options for cost-effective cloud computing.
- AMD's Massive Data Center Consolidation Project Moving Along
Tue, 25 Mar 2014
Advanced Micro Devices is progressing on its plans to move all of its North American data centers into a single 153,000-square-foot facility near Atlanta.
- Open Source Apache and Nginx Web Servers Get More Secure
Thu, 20 Mar 2014
Apache HTTP Server 2.4.9 and Nginx 1.5.12 debut with patches for security vulnerabilities.