- Microsoft Bringing Security via Virtualization to Web Browsing
Wed, 19 Oct 2016
Who would have thought ten years ago that virtualization technology would move out of the data center and onto the desktop right inside Windows?
- IBM POWER9 Server Zaius Announced by Google and Rackspace
Fri, 14 Oct 2016
Latest IBM Power server benefits from multiple sets of new technologies.
- Canonical Yaks about Ubuntu 16.10
Thu, 13 Oct 2016
The Yakkety Yak milestone of Ubuntu Linux is now generally available.
- ZeroStack Serving Up Killer Enterprise Features for OpenStack Customers
Wed, 12 Oct 2016
ZeroStack has come a long way since its launch just over a year ago. But are its plans to make an OpenStack-based hybrid cloud product that's accessible to everyone working?
- FreeBSD 11 Updates Open-Source Server Operating System
Tue, 11 Oct 2016
FreeBSD expands architecture support and improves features throughout the system.
- Fedora 25 Linux Enters Beta Release
Tue, 11 Oct 2016
New server, security and desktop capabilities land in Red Hat's community Linux distribution.
- Microsoft Lowers Azure VM Prices
Fri, 07 Oct 2016
The company lowered the cost of spinning up Azure virtual machines and announced the general availability of encryption at rest for its cloud disaster recovery solution.
- OpenStack Newton Debuts With Improved Container Features
Thu, 06 Oct 2016
The latest release of widely deployed open-source cloud platform improves security, virtualization and networking.
- Docker Debuts Infrakit Open Source Toolkit for Self-Healing Infrastructure
Thu, 06 Oct 2016
The Docker libmachete effort gets renamed as Docker Inc continues its mission to provide tools that simplify operations.
- Consider Consolidating Your Servers with a New Dell or HPE 4U Workhorse
Wed, 05 Oct 2016
If you have server or workload consolidation projects on tap, opting for one of the latest server systems from Dell or HPE could lead to significant cost savings.
- Kaleao Comes to Hyperconverged Space With ARM-Based Systems
Mon, 03 Oct 2016
The startup also is using a new technology officials call "microvisors" to create KMAX appliances that are scalable and power-efficient.
- ClusterGX Brings Container Management to Big Data Apps
Thu, 29 Sep 2016
Containers have become increasingly popular for big data applications, and companies like Galactic Exchange are now emerging with tools to make those implementations considerably easier to set up and manage.
- Canonical Launches Commercial Support for Kubernetes
Wed, 28 Sep 2016
Canonical jumps into the Kubernetes market with an upstream-based release as well as a commercial-support option based on the Ubuntu Advantage program.
- Microsoft Launches Windows Server 2016 at Ignite
Mon, 26 Sep 2016
Among the highlights, Microsoft officially launches the server software during its Ignite conference and scores a major new cloud partner.
- Docker Doubles Down on Microsoft Windows Server
Mon, 26 Sep 2016
Docker for Windows debuts alongside a new commercial support relationship with Microsoft.
- Red Hat Growing Million Dollar OpenStack Deals
Thu, 22 Sep 2016
Red Hat reports second quarter fiscal 2017 revenue of $600 million.
- HPE's HC 380 Serves Up Secret Sauce for Hyper-Converged
Wed, 21 Sep 2016
HPE's OVIO tool in the new HPE Hyper Converged 380 takes the complexity out of cluster installation and makes it cookie-cutter simple.
- Red Hat Prepares for OpenStack Newton Improvements
Mon, 19 Sep 2016
The next major release of OpenStack is coming in early October.
- Exadata Servers Play Role in Oracle's Cloud Growth
Fri, 16 Sep 2016
Oracle reports first quarter revenue of $8.6B, as the company gears up to announce a new version of its namesake database next week.
- 2Q16 Global Server Revenues Decline to $13.4B
Thu, 15 Sep 2016
HPE continues to lead the server market in terms of revenue.
- Security in the World of Virtual Machines and Containers
Tue, 13 Sep 2016
Running an app in a VM in a public cloud may indeed be more secure than running the same app in a container, but that doesn't always mean you can sleep well at night knowing your apps and data are secure.
- IBM Brings More Power to Power8 Linux Server Lineup
Thu, 08 Sep 2016
NVIDIA NVlink technology arrives on POWER8 and delivers a 5x improvement in terms of bandwidth.
- Keeping Active Directory Running Smoothly with Key Health Checks
Wed, 07 Sep 2016
A healthy Active Directory environment keeps all other services running effectively. As a result, it pays to stay up to speed on important Active Directory health check items that help ensure Active Directory is optimally providing required services.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 Enters Beta
Fri, 02 Sep 2016
Preview of Red Hat's next flagship Linux release includes performance and security improvements.
- What 23,000 Attendees Took Away From VMworld 2016
Thu, 01 Sep 2016
NEWS ANALYSIS: Perhaps the biggest news at the conference was that IBM Cloud became the first partner to use and help sell VMware's Cross-Cloud Architecture.