- Red Hat Growing Million Dollar OpenStack Deals
Thu, 22 Sep 2016
Red Hat reports second quarter fiscal 2017 revenue of $600 million.
- HPE's HC 380 Serves Up Secret Sauce for Hyper-Converged
Wed, 21 Sep 2016
HPE's OVIO tool in the new HPE Hyper Converged 380 takes the complexity out of cluster installation and makes it cookie-cutter simple.
- Red Hat Prepares for OpenStack Newton Improvements
Mon, 19 Sep 2016
The next major release of OpenStack is coming in early October.
- Exadata Servers Play Role in Oracle's Cloud Growth
Fri, 16 Sep 2016
Oracle reports first quarter revenue of $8.6B, as the company gears up to announce a new version of its namesake database next week.
- 2Q16 Global Server Revenues Decline to $13.4B
Thu, 15 Sep 2016
HPE continues to lead the server market in terms of revenue.
- Security in the World of Virtual Machines and Containers
Tue, 13 Sep 2016
Running an app in a VM in a public cloud may indeed be more secure than running the same app in a container, but that doesn't always mean you can sleep well at night knowing your apps and data are secure.
- IBM Brings More Power to Power8 Linux Server Lineup
Thu, 08 Sep 2016
NVIDIA NVlink technology arrives on POWER8 and delivers a 5x improvement in terms of bandwidth.
- Keeping Active Directory Running Smoothly with Key Health Checks
Wed, 07 Sep 2016
A healthy Active Directory environment keeps all other services running effectively. As a result, it pays to stay up to speed on important Active Directory health check items that help ensure Active Directory is optimally providing required services.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 Enters Beta
Fri, 02 Sep 2016
Preview of Red Hat's next flagship Linux release includes performance and security improvements.
- What 23,000 Attendees Took Away From VMworld 2016
Thu, 01 Sep 2016
NEWS ANALYSIS: Perhaps the biggest news at the conference was that IBM Cloud became the first partner to use and help sell VMware's Cross-Cloud Architecture.
- Cisco Gets Into Containers With ContainerX Acquisition
Wed, 31 Aug 2016
The tech vendor buys the early-stage startup, whose technology makes it easier for enterprises to manage containers across cloud and data centers.
- VMware Expands Photon Platform for Cloud-Native Deployments
Wed, 31 Aug 2016
VMware's Photon Controller Linux operating system effort for containers has opened up for public consumption.
- VMware Previews Cross-Cloud Services at VMworld
Mon, 29 Aug 2016
VMware takes aim at helping organizations to manage policies and deployments across disparate cloud services.
- LinuxCon: How Facebook Monitors Hundreds of Thousands of Servers with Netconsole
Tue, 23 Aug 2016
By looking at the lowest level of data traffic, Facebook is able to identify potential server problems before they become outages.
- New Supermicro SuperBlades Pack Some Serious Power
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
Supermicro's latest blade servers feature Intel Broadwell CPUs and when paired with NVMe and SSD disks are total screamers in terms of performance.
- Intel ARMs Silicon Fabrication
Wed, 17 Aug 2016
In a surprising move, Intel partners with ARM to build chips.
- Why Rackspace Is Bringing POWER to Its Data Centers
Mon, 15 Aug 2016
[VIDEO] John Engates, CTO of Rackspace, discusses the opportunities the OpenPOWER architecture brings.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Buying SGI for $275M
Thu, 11 Aug 2016
Move brings additional High Performance Computing (HPC) and Big Data technology to HPE.
- Aqua to the Container Security Rescue?
Wed, 10 Aug 2016
The Israeli security startup believes it can not only deliver the security lacking in Docker, but also that there's an opportunity for containers to be made more secure than monolithic apps can ever be.
- Rackspace Sells Cloud Sites Business to Liquid Web
Tue, 09 Aug 2016
Rackspace grows its Amazon services business, which apparently isn't cannibalizing its OpenStack revenues - yet.
- Rivals Google, Facebook Team Up on Efficient Rack Design
Mon, 08 Aug 2016
The two hyperscale companies worked together through the OCP to develop a new Open Rack standard to drive data center efficiency and performance.
- Huawei Launches Labs to Drive Open Cloud Networks
Sat, 06 Aug 2016
The Cloud Open Labs are part of the vendor's All Cloud strategy to make it easier for telco operators to migrate their infrastructures to the cloud.
- Getting Up to Speed with the Microsoft Azure RemoteApp Service
Fri, 05 Aug 2016
Discover how the Microsoft Azure RemoteApp cloud service can help you quickly and cost-effectively publish standard or line-of-business (LOB) applications in the Azure cloud.
- Cisco's UCS Mini Is Ready for any Workload
Tue, 02 Aug 2016
There's nothing "mini" about the Cisco UCS Mini -- it's a full-fledged blade server platform with the ability to scale up to meet the large majority of enterprise needs.
- Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2016
Mon, 01 Aug 2016
Got data, big or small? Need a database server, on-premises or in the cloud? Chances are you'll be considering at least one of these leading enterprise database systems to meet your needs.