- Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
Wed, 25 Nov 2015
Open Data Center Runtime Environment (OpenDCRE) is now production-grade ready as an evolutionary step forward from IPMI.
- VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
Mon, 23 Nov 2015
In the wake of Dell's proposed acquisition of EMC, it's simply business as usual for VMware -- for the moment at least.
- Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
Sun, 22 Nov 2015
Wondering how Hyper-V containers work in Microsoft's upcoming server software release? Intrepid administrators and developers can get an early look today.
- Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
Fri, 20 Nov 2015
Popular OpenStack installer and tools effort gains new momentum by entering formal OpenStack model.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Thu, 19 Nov 2015
This year's second major milestone release of the leading Linux operating system platform provides new security features as well as improved disaster recovery.
- Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Wed, 18 Nov 2015
At Dockercon EU, the myriad ways that Docker is being used in this world and beyond were on display.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Embraces Docker
Tue, 17 Nov 2015
VIDEO: Hewlett Packard Enterprise VP Omri Gazitt discusses DockerCon EU news and why containers are the path to platform-as-a-service (PaaS).
- Why Docker Is One of the Most Talked-About Technologies
Mon, 16 Nov 2015
Docker Inc. founder Solomon Hykes explains how Docker container virtualization has become one of the hottest technologies on the planet.
- Rancher Corrals Docker Containers
Mon, 16 Nov 2015
Rancher expands its efforts with a server hardware partnership and new persistent storage capabilities.
- Dell's PowerEdge R230 Delivers for SMB Customers
Wed, 11 Nov 2015
While the server 1U form factor almost always leads to limitations on disk, CPU and memory, Dell is looking to change that in a big way with the new PowerEdge R230.
- Rackspace Sees OpenStack Public Cloud Demand Slowing
Tue, 10 Nov 2015
As revenues rise at Rackspace, managed cloud services across multiple platforms is the strategy for the way forward.
- OpenStack Building a Developer Story for Mitaka
Fri, 06 Nov 2015
Mirantis co-founder Boris Renski discusses efforts within the OpenStack community to engage developer adoption.
- Fedora 23 Linux Secures Servers and the Cloud
Tue, 03 Nov 2015
The latest milestone release of Red Hat's community Linux distribution improves workstation, server and cloud capabilities, with new container creation capabilities coming in Fedora 24.
- Blue Box Prospers under IBM Ownership at OpenStack Tokyo [VIDEO]
Mon, 02 Nov 2015
Jesse Proudman of Blue Box discusses his company's new release and why IBM's ownership is pushing his company forward like never before.
- Google Kubernetes Container Orchestration System Gaining Steam
Fri, 30 Oct 2015
Anything that fosters the development of Kubernetes is probably good news for the container community, and the fruits of collaboration are rapidly becoming evident.
- HP Expands Helion at OpenStack Summit Tokyo [VIDEO]
Thu, 29 Oct 2015
HP moves away from Triple-O with Helion 2.0
- Oracle Puts Software in SPARC M7 to Improve Security, Performance
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
The new Silicon in Software initiative embeds data in memory security and data encryption functions onto the M7 processor.
- VMware Covering Its Container Bases for Both the Short and Long Term
Mon, 26 Oct 2015
While VMware already has a container solution in place, the company's hoping its longer-term solution will help if and when containerization becomes more important than virtualization.
- Oracle Puts OpenStack into Docker Containers
Thu, 22 Oct 2015
New approach is aimed to make it easier to install a cloud.
- IBM Sees Promise in Power 8 Servers and System z Mainframes
Tue, 20 Oct 2015
Big Blue reports third quarter fiscal 2015 revenue of $19.3 billion.
- 6 Powerful PowerShell Tools and Utilities
Mon, 19 Oct 2015
Discover six GUI-based scripting tools and utilities that can extend PowerShell's functionality while helping to make it a bit easier to use.
- Windows Server 2003 End of Support Survival Guide
Thu, 15 Oct 2015
Increased security, guaranteed compliance and reduced maintenance costs are certainly reasons enough to push more and more businesses towards migrating away from Windows Server 2003 in the coming months. Will your company be one of them?
- Intel Data Center Revenues Driving Growth
Wed, 14 Oct 2015
While the PC market is far from dead, it's not Intel's growth leader either.
- OpenStack Murano Evolving as an On Ramp for Cloud Apps
Mon, 12 Oct 2015
Getting applications to run as a service in the cloud isn't as hard as it once was.
- Linus Torvalds Still Not Afraid of Being Hit by a Bus
Fri, 09 Oct 2015
Linux creator talks about what's needed in Linux and why Linux succession still isn't a concern.