Excel/Meridian Introduce New Entry Level/Mid-Range NAS Filer
Page 1 of 1
Excel/Meridian Data today introduced its newest member of the NAS family of products, the DataNAS. The DataNAS is a NAS Filer scalable from 60GB to 1.6TB of raw storage. According to the company, the addition of the DataNAS product will strengthen its current position in the NAS market by enhancing the ability to deliver more powerful Windows and Unix NAS solutions to workgroup and LAN environments.
Features of the DataNAS solution include:
- Delivery of raw storage capacity up to 1.6 terabytes (200GB Drives)
- Easy to use web management interface
- Journaling File system Dynamic "On the Fly" RAID 5 volume expansion for increasing storage capacity without downtime
- Features hot-swap and global hot spare hard drives with back plane support
- Load-balancing and fail-over capability with the dual 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports
- Accelerate network throughput with the optional Gigabit Ethernet support
"We are excited about introducing the DataNAS and partnering with Ingrasys Technologies, Inc. because the addition of the DataNAS represents a move to a more powerful entry and mid-range level NAS solution. With their years of NAS development expertise, refined support and product excellence we know that we will be offering a NAS product that will truly benefit our customers," said Paul Kleifgen, Vice President of Marketing for Excel.
"We did lots of development efforts on this new product to match our customers' needs," said Bertrand Chen, CEO of Ingrasys Technologies Inc. "Today customers are looking for the ideal NAS product that is capable of high reliability and scalability while eliminating the management overhead."
The DataNAS will be available immediately as a fully integrated Rackmount or Tower NAS Filer with Dual 10/100 Ethernet Adapters, Hard Drive Back Plane for hot swap support and NAStart software at a starting price of $3,740 for 480GB of raw storage.