Say What? Top Five IT Quotes of the Week
Page 1 of 1
"People ask me, how did you screw that one up?"
- John Curran, President and CEO of ARIN, speaking at Interop, explaining why IPv6 is not compatible with IPv4. ( EnterpriseNetworkingPlanet)
"In one year, we've shipped more data than in the entire history of the Internet and this is just the beginning."
- Kirk Skaugen, vice president and general manager of Intel's Data Center Group, in a keynote address at the Interop conference in Las Vegas. (Datamation)
"We're not locked-in, we're opt-in."
- Citrix CEO Mark Templeton in an Interop keynote explaining his vision of the post-PC era (ServerWatch)
"The real purpose of IT in this day and age is to help create growth opportunities."
- Cisco CIO Rebecca Jacoby discussing the role the CIO in IT transformation. Rebecca Jacoby (CIOupdate)
"It uses Linux, yes, but that's incidental to the end user proposition.
- Simon Phipps former Chief Open Source Officer at Sun explaining why he doesn't view Google's ChromeBook as a Linux laptop. (ComputerWorldUK)
Sean Michael Kerner is a senior editor at InternetNews.com, the news service ofInternet.com, the network for technology professionals.