CompuServe Unveils Software Upgrade
Page 1 of 1
CompuServe Thursday released CompuServe 2000, an updated version of its online service.
The upgrade features were dictated by customer input, according to Audrey Weil, general manager.
"We listen carefully to members' feedback when designing new software upgrades to fit the way they live their everyday lives," she said. "Our members have asked for easier, more powerful e-mail, a multimedia player to seamlessly play music and videos, and more shopping options, and we have delivered."
The software upgrade includes:
- Opportunities for online multimedia content.
- An enhanced e-mail service with a sortable mailbox and automatic address completion feature, and support for HTML that enables members to read and send graphically enhanced mail and documents.
- A built-in media player with a full range of rich audio and video content.
- CompuServe Radio powered by Spinner.com, which offers 17 channels of popular music.
- A redesigned toolbar for faster access
- Improvements to CompuServe's Buddy List feature that make it easier to customize and organize.
- A Shopping Assistant that supplies information, such as price comparisons, to help members make informed purchasing decisions.
- Improved Address Book and Calendar features that can be accessed from multiple locations.
The product launch is accompanied by a consumer electronics rebate program that is offered through partner retailers Circuit City, Office Depot and Sears as well as PC manufacturers HP, IBM, eMachines and Gateway.
Consumers who purchase electronic equipment from the participating retailers will receive a $400 rebate if they sign a three-year service agreement for the CompuServe 2000 Premier service. The service is priced at $21.95 per month for unlimited use.