ABC Radio Hogs Top 10 List
Page 1 of 1
ABC Radio took the top three spots and eight of the top ten positions in the weekly MeasureCast Internet Radio Top 10 ranking for the week of December 11.
The weekly ranking is based on Total Time Spent Listening - the total number of hours listeners access an online station's streamed content.
The number one station for the third week in a row was WABC-AM, a New York talk radio station that is streamed through RealNetwork's Real Broadcast Network. The Beat LA and Radio Margaritaville were the only two non-ABC stations to crack the top 10 this week.
Tuesday, December 12 showed the largest audiences, which could be attributed to listeners tuning in to hear the latest developments in the Presidential election.
Other interesting facts from this week's MeasureCast reporting for 838 stations include:
- 69 percent of all streaming audio listening took place between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST.
- 3 PM EST was the peak listening hour for Internet radio.
- 26 percent of Internet radio listeners were aged 25-34, followed by 35-44 year olds (24 percent), and 18-24 year olds (19 percent).
- More men (72 percent) listened to Internet radio than did women (28 percent).
- The South showed the largest regional audience, followed by the West; California again had the largest number of listeners among individual states.
- 19 percent of listeners were from outside the U.S.