- Understanding JDBC Connection Pooling
Fri, 19 May 2017
Learn to use the connection pooling mechanism and apply it to a Java application.
- The Repository Pattern in PHP
Wed, 17 May 2017
A repository represents an architectural layer that handles communication between the application and data source.
- A Kaizen Approach For DevOps: How to Help Teams Find and Fix Their Own Problems
Mon, 15 May 2017
Investigate the concept of kaizen, which aims to eliminate waste and make organisations leaner.
- Building an Android Things Application
Fri, 12 May 2017
Learn how to connect an LED to a button's KeyUp and KeyDown events.
- What's Coming in Bootstrap 4?
Wed, 10 May 2017
Raise your hand if you've been to the Bootstrap site (getbootstrap.com) and seen the notice that version 4 is coming!
- Using Couchbase Server on AWS
Mon, 08 May 2017
Discover the Couchbase Server Community Edition 4.5.0 on AWS, a distributed, NoSQL database based on the document model.
- Steps to Digitally Transform Your IT Department with Citizen Developers
Fri, 05 May 2017
You can dramatically increase the pace of your digital transformation while slashing IT costs by using "Citizen developers."
- Creating a JDBC Application in NetBeans: A Step-by-Step Guide
Wed, 03 May 2017
Creating a JDBC application in NetBeans is easy if you keep things simple.
- Implementing Apple Pay with Xamarin
Mon, 01 May 2017
Learn to integrate Apple Pay with the Xamarin iOS.
- Using RapidMiner with MySQL Tables
Fri, 28 Apr 2017
Learn about two more processes, APPEND and UPDATE, as used with RapidMiner and MySQL tables.
- Getting Started with Android Things Development
Wed, 26 Apr 2017
Get started working with Google's Android Things and learn how to set up the required hardware and software.
- Introducing JEE Application Session Beans
Mon, 24 Apr 2017
Explore some key information to use session beans in an enterprise application.
- Merging Database Tables with RapidMiner
Fri, 21 Apr 2017
Learn to use RapidMiner to merge MySQL database tables within the Apache Hadoop software.
- The State of Webhooks in the API Economy
Wed, 19 Apr 2017
Expose your APIs to Webhooks! They allow for streamlined communication between you and partners, and give reason to implement your API integrations.
- Managing Transactions with EJB
Mon, 17 Apr 2017
Dive into the concept of transaction management with EJB.
- Key Classes for Handling Files with Java NIO.2
Thu, 13 Apr 2017
Explore some of the key classes that are commonly used in file handling in Java.
- Anatomy of a Software Development Role: DevOps
Wed, 12 Apr 2017
Over a dozen years have passed since my first DevOps article. It's time to address the changes that have come to the world of software deployment.
- Top Mockup and Wireframing Design Tools for Effective UI/UX Designs
Fri, 07 Apr 2017
Everyone wants to have an effective Web site design that can benefit them in the future run. Learn wireframing to achieve the desired effect.
- Key Attributes for Winning with Embedded Analytics in .NET or Java Apps
Wed, 05 Apr 2017
With the right embedded analytics software, you'll get the visualizations and insights you need, regardless of the technology your application is built upon.
- Status of IT and the Continuous Enterprise
Mon, 03 Apr 2017
Insights into trends on productivity, workforce roles, and technology adoption in what is called the "continuous enterprise."
- Testing an Android App Using Remote Access and the AWS Device Farm
Fri, 31 Mar 2017
Use the Android Hello World app to interact with an app on a real device on the AWS Device Farm.
- Java NIO.2 File Handling
Wed, 29 Mar 2017
Study the features of channel-based I/O and learn about its uses with brief examples.
- Strengthen Your Mobile App Development Using Business Intelligence and Analytics
Mon, 27 Mar 2017
The best mobile apps developed in the future will be the ones that take full advantage of all the tools available to them. Learn about them here.
- Preventing DevOps Failures
Fri, 24 Mar 2017
Take advantage of the best strategies and practices to prevent failures in DevOps implementation in an enterprise.
- Oracle's NetBeans Headed to The Apache Software Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 13 Sep 2016
You didn't expect Oracle to submit NetBeans to the Eclipse Foundation - did you?
- Praise Be to the Dockercon 16 Demo Gods : Drink Espresso #dockercon
By Sean Michael Kerner | Mon, 20 Jun 2016