Networking & CommunicationsSee All
- Cisco CEO Sees Potential in Move to 400G
Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Cisco continues to grow multiple aspects of its global business including intent-based networking, SD-WAN, collaboration and higher connectivity speeds.
- The Dos and Don’ts of VPNs
Sat, 09 Feb 2019
If implemented incorrectly, VPNs can provide an even greater threat to sensitive data than standard wired or wireless infrastructure.
- Juniper CEO Is Optimistic About Enterprise Networking Growth Potential
Fri, 08 Feb 2019
Juniper is gearing up to launch a number of new products over the course of 2019.
- New Solutions, New Acronyms – Same Old Dilemmas
Sat, 02 Feb 2019
The SDDC sector is now growing at almost 22 percent per year.
- Cisco Expands Data Center Aspirations With Anywhere Strategy
Thu, 31 Jan 2019
Borderless is yesterday. What Cisco is pushing today is a Data Center Anywhere approach.
- For AI and IoT, Virtual Networks Can’t Do It All
Fri, 25 Jan 2019
Many emerging technologies require significant changes to core infrastructure.
- Linux Foundation Aims To Advance Edge Computing With LF Edge Effor
Thu, 24 Jan 2019
The new open source umbrella group will initially have five projects helping to enable and support the emerging need for edge computing.
- Avaya Engages Its Customers With Intelligence Xperiences
Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Avaya is kicking off 2019 with a new product platform brand and multiple effort to enable organizations to collaborate in the cloud.
- The Rise of Programmable Network Hardware
Fri, 18 Jan 2019
It's becoming increasingly viable for enterprises to customize network hardware solutions.
- Where Intent-Based Networking Goes from Here
Fri, 11 Jan 2019
IBN can make networking both easier and more complex.
- Top Networking Announcements from CES 2019
Thu, 10 Jan 2019
The Consumer Electronics Show isn't just about gadgets -- it's also about the networking technologies that enable consumer and enterprise devices alike.
- Dotdot Over Thread Spec Set to Redefine IoT Networking
Mon, 07 Jan 2019
Thread Group and Zigbee Alliance come together to enable a new approach for interoperability with the Dotdot 1.0 specification.
- SD-WAN is Better than MPLS, But Still Poses Some Challenges
Mon, 07 Jan 2019
Building a fully functional SD-WAN can be trickier than it might seem.
- 7 Enterprise Networking Trends to Watch in 2019
Fri, 04 Jan 2019
What's in store for the world of enterprise networking in 2019?
- Multiple Options for NFV in the Enterprise
Wed, 02 Jan 2019
Service providers who wish to cash in on enterprise NFV must pursue one of three options.
- LF Networking Moving Forward to Consolidate Open Source Networking Efforts
Wed, 02 Jan 2019
VIDEO: Arpit Joshipura, General Manager for Networking at the Linux Foundation, explains how the LF Networking group is helping to bring the networking industry together.
- 342.4 Million Top Level Domains Now Populate the Internet
Fri, 28 Dec 2018
VeriSign's third quarter 2018 Domain Name Industry Brief once again reports continued growth of domain names.
- Global Ethernet and Router Switch Markets Show Mixed Results in 3Q18
Mon, 24 Dec 2018
100 and 25 Gigabit Ethernet demand is pushing the switch market forward.
- Network Expansion vs. Economic Uncertainty
Fri, 21 Dec 2018
How much could concerns about the economy affect network deployments in the coming year?
- Networking Vendors Flock To Embrace Open-Source Istio Service Mesh
Thu, 20 Dec 2018
In short order, Istio has become a de facto standard approach to enabling a networking service mesh for cloud-native application deployment.