Networking & CommunicationsSee All
- The Future of Fixed 5G Networks is Now
Mon, 04 Jan 2021
Fixed fifth-generation networks are in development to complement 5G wireless networks and to support the cloudification of enterprise computing setups.
- Cisco vs. NETGEAR Ethernet Switches Comparison
Thu, 31 Dec 2020
Cisco’s Catalyst 9000 Series and NETGEAR’s M4XXX family of switches hone in on unique strengths to stand out.
- The Home SD-WAN and SASE Markets are Rapidly Expanding
Wed, 30 Dec 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to redefine remote work, home SD-WAN and SASE solutions are quickly coming to market.
- Solid-State Memory Can Bring Your Network Crashing Down
Mon, 28 Dec 2020
A network is only as strong as its weakest part, and that may be something arcane, like how your networking gear's firmware manages its solid-state memory.
- Open Source Networking in 2020: Dent Gets First Release, OPNFV Gets its Last Release
Wed, 23 Dec 2020
As the value of open source networking continues to grow, the Linux Foundation is moving forward with new efforts for 2021.
- Used Networking Kit Gets a Second Life During COVID-19 Pandemic
Wed, 23 Dec 2020
Enterprises of all sizes are purchasing secondhand networking gear to address networking capacity demands during shift to remote work model.
- NinjaRMM vs. ConnectWise Automate: A Head-to-Head Comparison
Tue, 22 Dec 2020
Understand the differences between NinjaRMM and ConnectWise Automate, two of the top RMM systems.
- How Ethernet APL Will Impact Field Device Functionality
Mon, 21 Dec 2020
The Ethernet APL protocol provides impressive network speeds and power output that will potentially pave the way for a new category of field devices.
- How Amazon is Trying to Improve Cloud Networking with SD WAN
Thu, 17 Dec 2020
During the AWS re:invent 2020 virtual conference, the public cloud giant announced a new service that every other cloud will now race to replicate.
- The Impact of Networking Evolutions in 2021
Tue, 15 Dec 2020
Cloud platforms and computational storage will fundamentally change the role of networking specialists in the coming year.
- Will Network Admins Disappear in an Automated Cloud Future?
Mon, 14 Dec 2020
IDC is the latest to predict that network admins will disappear in a future of artificial intelligence cloud infrastructure.
- Service Mesh Offers Promising Solution for Cloud Native Networking
Fri, 04 Dec 2020
Service Mesh can be thought of as a next generation of Software Defined Networking (SDN) for the cloud. Here are the main approaches.
- Split Tunneling, Device Management Ease Network Strain
Wed, 25 Nov 2020
Remote work has put unprecedented pressure on networks. Here's how admins are responding.
- Sharp Has 3D for Mobile on Tap
By internetnews.com Staff | Sat, 03 Apr 2010
Advanced 3D panels that don't require glasses are in the works.
- French Claims U.S. Cyclist Is Hacker
By internetnews.com Staff | Tue, 16 Feb 2010
American rider Floyd Landis is accused of hacking into an anti-doping laboratory computer, French officials said.
- Palm Posts Loss, But Beats Expectations
By internetnews.com Staff | Fri, 26 Jun 2009
Turnaround efforts pick up the pace in the quarter leading up to the Pre's debut.
- Microsoft Aims for the Cloud With Windows Azure
By internetnews.com Staff | Mon, 27 Oct 2008
Ray Ozzie shows off its new offering for cloud computing applications at PDC 2008.
- FCC: Bid Interference Did Not Happen
By internetnews.com Staff | Mon, 28 Apr 2008
Report exonerates adviser in the recent wireless auction.