Networking & CommunicationsSee All
- OpenDNS Sells Out to Cisco for $635 Million
By Sean Michael Kerner | Wed, 01 Jul 2015
The deal is set to close in the first quarter of Cisco's fiscal 2016, with OpenDNS staff to become part of the Cisco Security Business Group organization run by David Goeckeler, senior vice president and general manager.
- OpenDaylight Debuts Third Major Milestone Release
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 30 Jun 2015
Chris Wright, Technical Director of SDN at Red Hat discusses the new OpenDaylight release.
- Cisco Acquires OpenDNS for $635 Million
Tue, 30 Jun 2015
After previously investing in OpenDNS, Cisco decides it wants the whole company.
- OpenDaylight Lithium Release Debuts [VIDEO]
Mon, 29 Jun 2015
Chris Wright, Technical Director of SDN at Red Hat, discusses the new OpenDaylight release.
- SD-WAN and the Coming Network Deluge
Fri, 26 Jun 2015
SD-WAN provides the enterprise what it needs to handle Big Data and the Internet of Things.
- Big Security Breaches and How Big Data Can Prevent Them
Thu, 25 Jun 2015
Security threats are evolving. Combating them demands that enterprise information security professionals and perspectives evolve, too.
- Five Characteristics of the Network of the Future
Tue, 23 Jun 2015
As the Third Platform Era bears down on enterprise datacenters, learn how to meet the networking demands of next-gen business technology.
- Ubuntu Fan Debuts for Container Networking
Tue, 23 Jun 2015
Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu Linux, explains what the "Fan" is all about.
- Weave 1.0 Debuts to Improve Docker Networking
Mon, 22 Jun 2015
Weaveworks advances its products for the next era of containers.
- Containers and Network Infrastructure: Virtualization Redux?
Fri, 19 Jun 2015
Find out why the container revolution will be less revolutionary and more supplementary than it first appeared.
- Breathe New Life into Your WLAN
Thu, 18 Jun 2015
New technologies improve enterprise WLAN performance and prepare Wi-Fi networks for the demands of the Internet of Things future.
- Virtual Router Sales Set to Double
Tue, 16 Jun 2015
Amid declining data center netowrking equipment revenues, the virtual router market shines bright.
- Silver Peak Brings SD-WAN Unity to the Edge
Mon, 15 Jun 2015
WAN optimization vendor accelerates SD-WAN offering with new Unity Edge Connect solution.
- Big Data Networking: Sharpen the Edge to Protect the Core
Fri, 12 Jun 2015
Big Data and the Internet of Things will have a transformative effect on the network edge.
- Cisco Expands InterCloud, ACI Efforts
Thu, 11 Jun 2015
Cisco Live US conference is used as a platform to expand existing efforts.
- Avi Networks Transforms Application Delivery Control
Wed, 10 Jun 2015
Avi Networks aims to offer what an ADC should be all about: delivering applications to end users in the most secure, efficient, cost-effective fashion.
- PLUMgrid Gets a New CEO
Tue, 09 Jun 2015
SDN vendor names Larry Lang as new CEO.
- Cisco Brings TrustSec to ACI in Bid to Enable Network as a Security Sensor
Tue, 09 Jun 2015
Cisco is expanding its security efforts to make the entire network a platform for security.
- Cumulus Networks Details SDN OpenStack Cloud Innovations [VIDEO]
Mon, 08 Jun 2015
Cumulus Networks CTO discusses how his company is aiming to shake up the SDN space.
- Sizing Up Internet of Things Networking Challenges
Fri, 05 Jun 2015
IoT hype is beginning to give way to disillusionment as the enterprise faces the networking realities of ubiquitous M2M connections.
- Cisco Reorganizes Executive Ranks - Is it a Purge?
Thu, 04 Jun 2015
Cisco's incoming CEO shuffles executive ranks.
- Cisco Acquires Piston Cloud Computing for OpenStack Smarts
Wed, 03 Jun 2015
In a surprise move, Cisco picks up yet another OpenStack technology vendor.
- Alcatel-Lucent Acquired by Nokia for $16.6 Billion
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 16 Apr 2015
Alcatel-Lucent's days as an independent company are soon coming to an end
- Akamai: Average Internet Speed 4.5 Mbps in 4Q14
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 26 Mar 2015
In the U.S the average mobile connection speed in the fourth quarter was reported to be 3.2 Mbps.
- Blue Coat Plots a Course Forward Post Bain Acquistion
By Sean Michael Kerner | Wed, 25 Mar 2015
Blue Coat is expanding its Global Intelligence Network
- Global Data Center Network Equipment Market Hit $11.2 Billion in 2014
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 24 Mar 2015
As networking vendors of all sizes talk about the benefits of Software Defined Networking, it's important to remember that hardware still remains at the core of all networks.
- Switch Abstraction Interface Specification Lands a Open Compute Project
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 12 Mar 2015
The Switch Abstraction Interface (SAI) provides another layer between the OS and physical silicon on the switch.
- Blue Coat Sold by Thoma Bravo to Bain for $2.4 Billion
By Sean Michael Kerner | Wed, 11 Mar 2015
As part of the strategic direction with the new Bain Capital acquisition, Blue Coat is likely set to return to the public markets and exit its current existence as a privately-held company.
- Midokura Enterprise MidoNet 1.8 Advances SDN
By Sean Michael Kerner | Mon, 02 Mar 2015
Midokura is out with its Midokura Enterprise MidoNet (MEM) 1.8 SDN release, which is based on the open-source MidoNet 2015.01 milestone.
- Canonical and Juniper Partner for Carrier Grade OpenStack
By Sean Michael Kerner | Fri, 27 Feb 2015
Juniper Networks and Canonical, the lead commercial sponsor of Ubuntu Linux, are partnering for a new Network Function Virtualization cloud platform, based on OpenStack and the Contrail Software Defined Networking (SDN) controller.
- HTTP/2 Brings SPDY to the Web
By Sean Michael Kerner | Wed, 25 Feb 2015
HTTP/2 is the next generation of the HTTP protocol that dominates and continues to define the modern web.
- Brocade 1Q15 Revenue Reported at $576 Million
By Sean Michael Kerner | Mon, 23 Feb 2015
The SteelApp acquisition might not be the only acquisition that Brocade makes in 2015.
- Cisco Takes IT Management into the Cloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Fri, 30 Jan 2015
Cisco wants to enable enterprises to manage their networks, both wired and wireless, from the cloud.
- AllSeen Alliance Announces IoT Patent Policy
By Sean Michael Kerner | Fri, 30 Jan 2015
If you build with a a compliant base implementation of AllJoyn and you get your product certified, you're good to go, there are no royalties
- Juniper Reports 2014 Revenue of $4.63 Billion
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 29 Jan 2015
Juniper Network's security business is set for a significant evolution, after the company took an $850 non-cash impairment charge for fiscal 2014.
- Riverbed Renews SteelHead with CX 70 WAN Optimization Portfolio
By Sean Michael Kerner | Mon, 19 Jan 2015
Riverbed is starting off 2015 with a renewed emphasis on its flagship SteelHead product lineup.
- 3Q14 Videoconferencing Market Revenues Reach $838 million
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 15 Jan 2015
Infonetics' third quarter 2014 (3Q14) Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report shows flat year-over-year revenue growth for the market segment.
- [VIDEO] Where is Big Switch and SDN Headed in 2015?
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 13 Jan 2015
Moving forward the plan for Big Switch is to continue to evolve SDN.
- 3Q14 Global Average Internet Connection Speed was 4.5 Mbps
By Sean Michael Kerner | Fri, 09 Jan 2015
During the third quarter of 2014, the global broadband adoption rate for connections of 4 Mbps or greater hit 60 percent of all connections
- AllSeen Alliance Brings IoT to the Cloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Wed, 07 Jan 2015
The AllSeen Alliance is expanding the framework with the AllJoyn Gateway Agent that expands the footprint of IoT features beyond a user's local environment, all the way out to the cloud.