Networking & CommunicationsSee All
- John Chambers Leaving Cisco Board
Mon, 18 Sep 2017
With the transition to new CEO Chuck Robbins established, Chambers is now set to give up his seat as Chairman of the Board as well.
- Abstracting Your Way to a Multi-Cloud Network
Wed, 13 Sep 2017
Supporting hybrid and multi-cloud environments offers significant challenges for networks, but abstraction technologies can help.
- Open Source Summit: It's Time for DevOps and Networking to Talk
Tue, 12 Sep 2017
Micro-Services require new models and more scale for networking than ever before.
- VMware Advances Network Virtualization with NSX-T 2.0
Thu, 07 Sep 2017
Hidden at the foundation of many different announcements at VMworld 2017 is the reality that NSX virtual networking is at the core.
- How Networking Will Change, and Be Changed By, Blockchain
Wed, 06 Sep 2017
Blockchain could transform some traditional business models, but it requires sophisticated networking capabilities.
- Ethernet Alliance Roadmap Points to 800 Gbps and Beyond
Thu, 31 Aug 2017
Will 800 Gigabit Ethernet be the next big milestone or will it be 1.6 GbE?
- IoT, AI Push Networks in New Directions
Wed, 30 Aug 2017
Supporting the intelligent Internet of Things will require new network innovations.
- D-Link Adds Pluribus Networks' Netvisor OS Support to Open Networking Hardware
Mon, 28 Aug 2017
D-Link announced the new DXS-500-54S can now come pre-loaded with Pluribus' network operating system.
- Tapping Public Clouds with Private Interconnects
Fri, 25 Aug 2017
To obtain the bandwidth and performance that they need for cloud computing, more enterprises are using private interconnects instead of the Internet.
- Forward Networks Debuts New Technology as it Raises $16M in Series B Funding
Thu, 24 Aug 2017
Networking startup promises to make it easier and more accessible for organization to test network configuration and operations.
- Versa Networks Partners with Verizon to Bring SD-WAN to Branches
Tue, 22 Aug 2017
SD-WAN vendor selected to power new Verizon Software Defined Secure Branch (SD-Branch) managed service.
- New Fabrics Emerging for Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Thu, 17 Aug 2017
In order for hyperconverged hardware to provide the type of performance that enterprises need, it must be coupled with high-speed network fabrics.
- Cisco Reports $48.0B in 2017 Revenue with Strong Security Growth
Thu, 17 Aug 2017
Cisco reports its fourth quarter and full year fiscal 2017 earnings as Intent-Based Networking model debuts.
- Aquantia Brings 2.5 Gbps and 5 Gbps Ethernet to Dell Workstations
Wed, 16 Aug 2017
Multi-Gig Network Interface Cards enable organizations to use existing Cat 5e and Cat 6 copper cables to deliver faster speeds.
- Hurricane Electric Achieves IPv6 Milestone
Tue, 15 Aug 2017
Internet backbone provider now connects to 4,000 IPv6 networks.
- Brocade OpenDaylight SDN Assets Spawn Lumina Networks
Mon, 14 Aug 2017
Brocade's IP networking assets continue to be spun out ahead of the company's acquisition by Broadcom.
- SD-WAN Growing to $8B by 2021
Fri, 11 Aug 2017
IDC is forecasting significant growth in SD-WAN revenues over the next five years.
- Don't Be Bogus, Dude. Ride the SDN Wave
Wed, 09 Aug 2017
The trend toward software-defined infrastructure is revolutionizing IT.
- Avaya Nearing Exit from Bankruptcy Protection
Wed, 09 Aug 2017
Avaya names new CEO and a plan to exit Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the fall of 2017.
- Brocade Sells Virtual Evolved Packet Core Assets to Mavenir
Fri, 04 Aug 2017
Breakup of Brocade's networking assets continues ahead of Broadcom acquisition.