Networking & CommunicationsSee All
- Intelligent Networks Need More Visibility
Thu, 16 Nov 2017
Eventually, the enterprise may move toward data-driven networks that are managed by AI, and those networks will need better monitoring.
- Qualcomm Rejects Broadcom's $130B Acquisition Bid
Mon, 13 Nov 2017
Unsolicited offer could get hostile, as Qualcomm's Board of Directors says No to Broadcom.
- OpenStack Neutron Set to Improve Cloud Networking in Queen's Release
Fri, 10 Nov 2017
Networking continues to improve in the open-source cloud project, with multi-port binding and security logging set to debut.
- SDN: The Key to Cloud Connectivity
Wed, 08 Nov 2017
Public and hybrid cloud deployments need the flexibility and management benefits provided by software-defined networking.
- Juniper Integrates AppFormix into Contrail Cloud for OpenStack
Tue, 07 Nov 2017
Juniper also announced an expanded relationship with Red Hat, displacing Ubuntu as the Linux vendor of choice for the Contrail Cloud.
- Broadcom Bids $130B for Qualcomm to Remake Network and Mobile Chip Market
Mon, 06 Nov 2017
The unsolicited offer of $70 per share would be one of the largest tech deals in history, when and if it ever is completed.
- Cisco Spark Gets a Voice
Fri, 03 Nov 2017
Cisco integrates technology from its MindMeld acquisition to provide a voice-assistant for collaboration and meetings.
- VMware Buys Its Way Into SD-WAN with VeloCloud Networks Acquisition
Thu, 02 Nov 2017
VMware makes a play to be a market leader in the fast growing SD-WAN space.
- CenturyLink Closes $34B Level 3 Acquisition
Wed, 01 Nov 2017
A year after the massive acquisition was first announced, the final hurdle has been passed.
- Network Development in a Time of Digital Transformation
Mon, 30 Oct 2017
True digital transformation requires a truly different network architecture.
- Extreme Networks Closes Deal to Acquire Brocade's Data Center Networking Assets
Mon, 30 Oct 2017
Less than 30 days after announcing a new approach to acquiring Brocade's technology, Extreme completes the $55M deal.
- Verisign Reports 130.8M .com Domain Registrations
Fri, 27 Oct 2017
Domain registrations continued to grow in the third quarter of 2017
- MEC: The Glue That Will Hold the IoT Together
Thu, 26 Oct 2017
Multi-access Edge Computing architecture allows devices on the edge to communicate quickly with the rest of the network.
- Google Partners with Cisco for Hybrid Cloud Powered by Kubernetes
Wed, 25 Oct 2017
Years after Cisco gave up on its Inter-Cloud effort, it's trying again, this time with Google and the power of Kubernetes.
- OPNFV Euphrates Debuts with Kubernetes Integration
Tue, 24 Oct 2017
The fifth major release of the Linux Foundation's Open-Source Network Function Virtualization project address container networking needs.
- Striving Toward IoT Interoperability
Tue, 24 Oct 2017
The networking industry does not yet have the standards in place to enable a true, interoperable Internet of Things.
- Cisco Acquiring BroadSoft for $1.9B to Bolster Cloud Collaboration and Communications
Mon, 23 Oct 2017
Cisco makes another big software bet with its 201st acquisition.
- Cisco Advances Services Business with AI, Boost AppDynamics with Perspica
Fri, 20 Oct 2017
It has been a busy week for Cisco
- Cisco ACI 3.0 Embraces Kubernetes
Fri, 13 Oct 2017
Application Centric Infrastructure networking now can span multiple datacenters.
- RDMA Poised to Take on Advanced Data Center Fabrics
Thu, 12 Oct 2017
Advanced fabric technologies using remote direct memory access could offer a speed boost to enterprise networks.