Networking & CommunicationsSee All
- Ethernet Switch Market Grows to $6.7B in 2Q18
Tue, 18 Sep 2018
100 Gigabit Ethernet continues to pave the way forward for global switch revenues.
- Juniper Expands Its Edge Networking Ambitions
Mon, 17 Sep 2018
As 5G and the reality of Edge Networking nears, Juniper is aiming for a slice of the market with is new Contrail Edge Cloud
- OpenDaylight Advances Open Source Software Defined Networking in Fluorine Release
Thu, 13 Sep 2018
Ninth release of Linux Foundation's SDN effort improves security, service function chaining and IP transport.
- Cisco Updates ASR 9000 Edge Routing Platform for 5G, Multicloud Future
Wed, 12 Sep 2018
Cisco adds new 100 Gigabit Ethernet line cards to ASR router portfolio.
- Understanding the State of Container Networking
Tue, 04 Sep 2018
Containers have revolutionized the way applications are developed and deployed, but what about the network?
- Network Automation: From Dream to Reality
Thu, 30 Aug 2018
The dream of network automation is alluring, but implementing it on legacy hardware can be a nightmare.
- Putting Microservices to Work on the Network
Thu, 23 Aug 2018
Microservices architecture will put new demands on network infrastructure.
- Domain Name Registrations Reach 339.8 Million in 2Q18
Mon, 20 Aug 2018
ngTLDs domain registrations fall as dot com remains the overall champ.
- P4: The Language of SDN
Fri, 17 Aug 2018
Software-defined networking is getting its own programming language.
- Cisco's Transition to Software Subscriptions is Paying Dividends
Thu, 16 Aug 2018
Cisco reported its' fully year fiscal 2018 financial results with revenue coming in at $49.3B for three percent year-over-year gain.
- When DevOps Meets SDN
Thu, 09 Aug 2018
Software-defined networking is ideal for organizations adopting DevOps approaches.
- Cisco, Arista End Legal Dispute on Networking Patents
Tue, 07 Aug 2018
After four years of back and forth legal challenges, Arista pays Cisco $400 Million.
- Arista Advances Cognitive Computing Effort With New Mojo
Fri, 03 Aug 2018
Arista makes its first acquisition, expanding into WiFi with Mojo Networks.
- Kontron Acquires Inocybe Technologies to Boost Cloud Native Networking Stack
Thu, 02 Aug 2018
Hardware vendor picks up one of the leading contributors to the open source OpenDayLight SDN controller.
- NaaS Is Coming, But Not Taking Over
Thu, 02 Aug 2018
Vendors are rolling out a lot of new network as a service offerings, but fixed connectivity won't go away.
- Istio 1.0 Brings Service Mesh to Cloud Native Applications
Tue, 31 Jul 2018
The open source Istio project is out with its 1.0 release, providing a new easier method for enabling microservices communication.
- The Edge: A New Network for a New Data Environment
Mon, 30 Jul 2018
Edge computing will provide a better experience for end users, but supporting edge networks will require new technological advances.
- Why Amazon Shied Away from Enterprise Networking
Thu, 26 Jul 2018
Breaking into the enterprise routing and switching market is not as easy as it sounds — even for a company as large as Amazon.
- Juniper Networks Races Toward 400 Gigabit Ethernet
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Juniper adds 400 GbE capabilities across its portfolio as demand for higher bandwidth is set to accelerate.