- Databricks Continues To Grow Big Data Platform For Enterprise Apps
Wed, 06 Feb 2019
Demand for advanced data analytics is helping to push Databricks and the open source Apache Spark project forward.
- Apache Flink Advances Enterprise Apps Aspirations With Alibaba
Tue, 15 Jan 2019
The open source Apache Flink data streaming project is getting a major vote of confidence from Chinese internet giant Alibaba.
- Tidelift Doubles Down On Supporting Open Source Enterprise Application Development
Thu, 10 Jan 2019
As open source software becomes increasingly important for enterprise application development, there is a need to help fund developer efforts.
- Predictions for the State of Enterprise Applications in 2019
Thu, 03 Jan 2019
2019 is going to be a year of transformation as mega trends including cloud, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and others continue to move forward.
- Corel Grows Enterprise Apps Footprint with Parallels Acquisition
Fri, 21 Dec 2018
Remember WordPerfect? It's still alive, and the company behind it just made a major move to get into the application virtualization space.
- Oracle Continues To Push Enterprise Apps Into the Cloud
Thu, 20 Dec 2018
Oracle founder Larry Ellison says that the future of his company relies on two core products, as customers embrace Oracle's ERP and HCM platforms.
- IBM Sells Notes, Domino and Portfolio of Enterprise Apps To HCL for $1.8B
Wed, 19 Dec 2018
IBM acquired Lotus Software back in 1995 for $3.5 billion. It's now divesting the technology, along with six other one-time cornerstone enterprise applications.
- What will OpenStack "S" Be Named?
By Sean Michael Kerner | Fri, 23 Feb 2018
With the Queens release coming next week and Rocky set to follow later this year, it's now time to choose the name for the "S" release.