the Plano, Texas-based business services provider (BSP), today released Teamcenter 2.0, a new version of its product lifecycle management (PLM) software solution.
Designed for manufacturing firms, the software aims to help them manage entire product lifecycles in close collaboration with suppliers, partners and customers.
“Teamcenter solutions allow manufacturers to capture, share, and manage the intellectual capital throughout their value chains,” said Chuck Grindstaff, president of PLM products for EDS PLM Solutions.
“Teamcenter is a complete one source solution for optimizing the product lifecycle management process — from requirements to visualization to project and product management and integration with other business functions,” he explained.
The newly released version includes the following capabilities:
- Teamcenter Collaboration Foundation provides an infrastructure that delivers the scalable performance, security, repository services to perform product-centric collaboration on an enterprise basis.
- Teamcenter Product Management allow extended value chains to capture, manage, access and leverage diverse product information in a collaborative web-native environment.
- Teamcenter Requirements Management enables value chains to optimize their product offerings by aligning a new product’s design content with its related market, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Teamcenter Project Management enables enterprise teams to collaboratively plan and manage product programs as well as projects, by synchronizing team-oriented tasks, schedules and resource allocations.
- Teamcenter Enterprise Integration enables PLM solutions to integrate product information across a diverse collaborative environment.