The most clicked-upon ad banner for the week ending July 25 was Providian
Financial’s Aria credit card ad, which had a 9.9 percent CTR, according to
measurement firm Nielsen//NetRatings.
Home improvement network ImproveNet moved up from No. 40 to No. 14 on the
list of top advertisers for the week. It captured the top three spots on the
Top 10 Ad Banners list.
Top advertisers, for the week, ranked by banner impressions including house
|Advertiser||Impressions in millions||Reach %|
|3. Next Card||35||17.3|
|9. Ad Council||26.9||8.7|
|10. Discover Brokerage||26.5||3.6|
Top Banners, ranked according to reach percent, not counting house ads, were:
- ImproveNet — Air Conditioning on the fritz? We can
help. ImproveNet. Click here.
- ImproveNet — Use our free matching service to find
- ImproveNet — Find me a contractor who specializes
in: Kitchen, Bathroom, Roofing, Air Conditioning, Other
- Bonzi Software — Speed Up Internet Connection
- Ad Council — If You’re Not Recycling, You’re
Throwing It All Away!
- Network Solutions — Picture this. @your-product.com. Get
personalized e-mail when you reserve a Web address.
- Launch.com — Watch today’s hottest MUSIC VIDEOS! LAUNCH.COM
- Autoweb.com — GET A PRICE
- CapitalOne — Visa Platinum; Credit Limit, Fixed
APR, Apply Online,
- Autoweb.com — BUY IT; SELL IT
Banners may be viewed here. Average CTR
for top banners was 0.44 percent, Nielsen//NetRatings said.
Rankings are based on audience measurement of people who have access to the
Internet from home. The Nielsen//NetRatings audience information service
data from approximately 15,000 panelists as they surf the Web.