ShopNow.com Inc. Tuesday made its
e-commerce technology available for companies to process online orders from
any Web site.
eBuy helps deliver customers and create revenue opportunities by allowing
e-commerce to be conducted entirely within a separate pop up window without
the visitor leaving the current site. A demonstration of ShopNow.com’s eBuy
is available here.
Here is how it works:
- Visitors clicks on commerce-enabled link, image or advertising
banner branded with the eBuy logo
- A new window opens up from the current location
- The user purchases the business or consumer product or service,
completes an order form and enters a credit card number all
within the pop up window
- The order is processed using the ShopNow e-business transaction
processing platform and an email notification is sent to the
purchaser detailing the transaction
- When the eBuy window closes the user returns to their original
Web site location
eBuy’s embedded technology eliminates interruption of the customer’s online
activity. A consumer may shop or purchase goods while they chat, follow the
stock market or play games without having to leave the site. ShopNow.com’s
and direct marketing technology can be presented in an e-mail campaign,
advertising banner, product listing or graphic image.
ShopNow.com Inc. is a service provider for business-to-business and
business-to-consumer e-commerce. The ShopNow Network is comprised of online
access to more than 40,000 businesses and more than 6 million shoppers.