- Microsoft Makes SharePoint Framework Generally Available
Fri, 24 Feb 2017
The SharePoint Framework allows developers to better tailor the SharePoint Online experience to their organization's and users' needs.
- Using Docker Swarm (Legacy) with Oracle
Wed, 22 Feb 2017
Create a Docker Swarm cluster of three nodes, and then subsequently run Oracle Database on the cluster.
- How to Handle Transactions with the JDBC API
Tue, 21 Feb 2017
Follow these examples and work through how transactions are handled with the JDBC API.
- Eight Effective Tools to Try for Mobile A/B Testing
Fri, 17 Feb 2017
Turn your app into an amazing one with A/B Testing, one of the most primarily used methods for checking the effectiveness of your app.
- Make MongoDB Replica Sets Work for Analytics Without Compromising Availability
Wed, 15 Feb 2017
Hidden replica sets can do wonders for maintaining your database and its voracious needs.
- Microsoft to Release Team Foundation Server 2017 With Visual Studio
Tue, 14 Feb 2017
Microsoft says it's getting ready to lock down the source code for Team Foundation Server 2017 so it can release it at the same time as Visual Studio 2017.
- Exploring the Peer Classes of Java String: Java StringBuilder and Java StringBuffer
Mon, 13 Feb 2017
Learn about using the peer classes of Java String and work through some examples demonstrating their use.
- Oracle Again Revives Java Copyright Dispute With Google
Mon, 13 Feb 2017
Oracle argues that the federal court unfairly sided with Google during the jury trial over whether Android violated Java copyright.
- Using the rJava R Package to Do More
Fri, 10 Feb 2017
In this final part of the rJava series, learn about checking for exceptions, using arrays, and other important tasks.
- Microsoft Confirms Visual Studio 2017 Release on March 7
Thu, 09 Feb 2017
Microsoft says its' release the Visual Studio 2017 cross-platform integrated development environment starting March 7.
- Microsoft's Custom Speech Service Added to Cognitive Toolkit
Tue, 07 Feb 2017
Microsoft adds Custom Speech Service to its collection of Artificial Intelligence and machine-learning tools for developers creating cognitive speech applications.
- Working with the Java Stream API
Mon, 06 Feb 2017
Discover the qualities of the Java Stream API and how to use it in a simple manner.
- Using Java Strings and the Swing API in R
Fri, 03 Feb 2017
Learn about the rJava package to use Java Strings and the Swing Java API from R.
- Microsoft Says It Will Continue to Enhance .NET Development Platform
Thu, 02 Feb 2017
Microsoft shares its vision on the future of its .NET software development languages and tooling after open-sourcing the technology.
- The Real Cost of Interrupting Your Development Team
Wed, 01 Feb 2017
It takes time to "get into the zone." Find new ways to avoid distractions that break the flow of concentration.
- Newest Visual Studio Release Candidate Gets Improved .NET Core Tooling
Tue, 31 Jan 2017
Microsoft focuses on delivering better .NET Core and ASP.NET Core experiences ahead of the IDE's official release later this year.
- Working with Java Linked List
Mon, 30 Jan 2017
Discover the concept behind the data structure involved in implementing the LinkedList generic class in Java.
- Getting Started with R Using Java
Fri, 27 Jan 2017
Get started with using the rJava R package to use Java from R.
- Best Agile Strategies for Success Applying the Agile Software Methodology
Wed, 25 Jan 2017
Take advantage of the best strategies and practices for the smooth functioning of your software development process the agile way.
- 8 Software Engineering Skills Enterprises Are Searching for Today
Wed, 25 Jan 2017
Capable software engineers remain in demand, but the skills companies need the most change often. Here’s what companies are on the lookout for now.
- Working with Java Hashing Classes
Mon, 23 Jan 2017
Plunge into the techniques of hashing before delving into the Java Hashing Classes in brief.
- Eliminate Consecutive Full GCs in Java
Fri, 20 Jan 2017
Learn about consecutive full garbage collections: the causes and cures.
- Seven Changes 2017 Will Bring for Software Developers
Thu, 19 Jan 2017
Many new developments are slated for 2017. Here are seven key changes you need to be prepared to handle.
- Oracle Acquires Apiary to Build Its Own API Division
Thu, 19 Jan 2017
Apiary spans the API creation lifecycle, including design, governance, testing and documentation, but also supports API Blueprint and OpenAPI industry standards.
- Microsoft Snaps Up Virtual Reality Technology Simplygon 3D
Wed, 18 Jan 2017
Seeking to enable "3D for everyone," Microsoft snapped up a Swedish software maker that has a specialty in 3D data-optimization for virtual reality application development.
- An Eulogy to Private Servers
Wed, 18 Jan 2017
Some private servers still exist, but their number is dwindling. When will you embrace the cloud?
- Using Java Comparator
Tue, 17 Jan 2017
Learn about ways to order objects of a class.
- How to Reduce the Size of Your iPhone App
Fri, 13 Jan 2017
Although iPhones are terrific mobile devices, they lack internal storage. Learn to squeeze the max from this space.
- DevOps Tips: The Cloud-Data Center Balance
Wed, 11 Jan 2017
Become part of the parallel rise of the DevOps movement, and learn how it's stealing the spotlight from IT.
- Understanding the Java Servlet Life Cycle
Mon, 09 Jan 2017
Understand the life cycle of a servlet to understand the intricacies of the low-level functionalities of servlet programming.
- Accessing Files Using Python
Fri, 06 Jan 2017
Explore various ways to access files in a file system through the use of Python.
- CodeFights 2016 Report Assesses Programming Language Efficiency
Thu, 05 Jan 2017
CodeFights' 2016 State of Programming report reveals which languages are most popular among developers and which ones they are using most efficiently.
- Developer Productivity: Ensuring Productive Meetings
Wed, 04 Jan 2017
Meetings are most productive when only the necessary participants attend. Can your meetings be more productive?
- An Overview of Java Virtual Machines (JVMs)
Mon, 02 Jan 2017
Peruse an overview of the JVM and how a Java program executes within it.
- Azure Machine Learning (Azure ML) How-to
Thu, 29 Dec 2016
Discover how to create a training model and then deploy it as a Web service.
- Exploring the java.lang Library
Tue, 27 Dec 2016
Learn about the Object class and the collection of wrapper classes of this package, to get a glimpse of the key aspects of the java.lang library.
- Oracle's NetBeans Headed to The Apache Software Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 13 Sep 2016
You didn't expect Oracle to submit NetBeans to the Eclipse Foundation - did you?
- Praise Be to the Dockercon 16 Demo Gods : Drink Espresso #dockercon
By Sean Michael Kerner | Mon, 20 Jun 2016