- NoSQL Database Comparison: MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, and Couchbase
Fri, 05 Feb 2016
Compare three commonly used NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, and Couchbase.
- How to Expand App Reach by Supporting Multiple Screen Sizes
Wed, 03 Feb 2016
Learn how to expand app reach by supporting multiple screen sizes.
- Re-Engineering Legacy Software: Introduction to Vagrant
Tue, 02 Feb 2016
This article introduces you to Vagrant, a tool that allows you to programmatically build an isolated environment for your application and all of its dependencies.
- Using Java Regular Expressions
Mon, 01 Feb 2016
Become proficient in using Java Regular Expressions and make your coding more efficient.
- Syncing Data Between Android Handhelds and Wearables
Fri, 29 Jan 2016
Learn about common data objects and ways to handle them.
- Password Hashing Using JAAS
Thu, 28 Jan 2016
Learn how to write a utility for storing the user credentials into a database with a hashed password.
- Using the Basic UI Controls in Android: Buttons, Texts, Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, Toggle Buttons, and Spinners (Building a Simple Android Application Demo)
Wed, 27 Jan 2016
This article gives an introduction to the Android picker control that can be used to select date and time in Android applications, with a working demo.
- Using JSTL to Enhance JSP Functionality
Mon, 25 Jan 2016
Explore some of the key aspects of JSTL that highlight the convenience of using it over scriplets.
- Go in Action: Benchmarking
Fri, 22 Jan 2016
Learn about benchmarking and the Go system.
- Working with the Android Picker Control to Select Date and Time
Thu, 21 Jan 2016
In this article, readers will learn about working with common input controls available for use in Android applications.
- Understanding User Interface Layout and UI Components for Android Apps
Wed, 20 Jan 2016
This article walks developers through the fundamentals of how the User Interface layout works on the Android platform.
- Docker: Build Use-case-appropriate Containers
Tue, 19 Jan 2016
Docker hits a sweet spot with the default container construction. It provides reasonable defaults without hindering productivity of users.
- Working with the New Java Date and Java Time APIs
Mon, 18 Jan 2016
Learn to use Joda Time, a new component of the Java 8 core library.
- Down and Dirty: Understanding the Actor Model
Fri, 15 Jan 2016
Learn to use the Actor Model in your programming. It will make life simpler.
- Executing Long Running Background Tasks in Android Apps Without an Interface (Using Services)
Wed, 13 Jan 2016
This article gives an insight about services and how to use them in Android applications.
- Top 10 Android Devices in the Market
Tue, 12 Jan 2016
Millions of Android devices were sold in 2015. Here is the list of the top Android devices for 2015.
- Creating a Custom Repository in SharePoint Online and Its Integration with Dynamics CRM Online
Mon, 11 Jan 2016
Microsoft has provided document management in CRM by using Server-based SharePoint Integration. It allows Dynamics CRM online and SharePoint Online to perform server-to-server connection.
- Effective Use of Java Command Line Tools
Fri, 08 Jan 2016
Explore some of the command line tools that come in quite handy when programming in Java.
- How to Load Data Asynchronously in Android Apps Using Loaders
Wed, 06 Jan 2016
Learn how to use Loaders in Android to load data asynchronously.
- Real-World Machine Learning: Model Evaluation and Optimization
Mon, 04 Jan 2016
Learn about difficulties that arise when evaluating Machine Learning models.
- Working with Fragments in Android Applications
Wed, 30 Dec 2015
This article walks Android developers through the basics of how to use fragments by showing how to build a simple Android application.
- Exploring Java Internationalization Support in Java Applications
Mon, 28 Dec 2015
There are many areas to consider when internationalizing your Java code. Start here with a tutorial.
- The Four-Step Process for Effective Technical Interviews
Wed, 23 Dec 2015
Learn the finer points on how, and how not, to interview a prospective employee.
- Creating a Java EE Web Application: A Case Study
Mon, 21 Dec 2015
Explore some aspects of creating a Web application in the JEE framework. An example application is included.
- Freedom Through Apps: Targeting and Marketing Your Apps
Fri, 18 Dec 2015
Learn a new term for your App development skill set: "target marketing."
- Facebook Gets Serious about Open-Source
By Sean Michael Kerner | Mon, 23 Feb 2015
Open has always beaten closed, being connected has always beaten being isolated, and sharing has always trumped secrecy