- 15 Leading Data Storage Startups
Tue, 25 Oct 2016
These data storage startups are leading the way with cloud, scalable performance, interface flexibility, analytics, and quality-of-service controls.
- Top Ten Data Storage Performance Tips: Improving Data Storage
Wed, 19 Oct 2016
Your data storage performance can be improved with load balancing, micro-tiering, and closer monitoring of the server farm, among other techniques.
- FalconStor's FreeStor Takes Aim at Hybrid Cloud Storage
Mon, 17 Oct 2016
With a new pricing model and support for leading public cloud infrastructure providers, FalconStor is removing hybrid-cloud storage roadblocks for enterprises.
- Product Spotlight: Six Ways to Boost Data Storage Performance
Thu, 13 Oct 2016
A survey of data storage problems, highlighting the various ways that data storage vendors address those challenges.
- Fujitsu Debuts Two 'Mass Market' Eternus All-Flash Arrays
Wed, 12 Oct 2016
The new Eternus AF arrays are aimed at enterprises looking to get the most out of their flash storage investments.
- Where Do M.2 High Capacity SSDs Fit in the Data Center?
Tue, 11 Oct 2016
Standard high capacity SSDs will soon hold 60TB, while M.2 high capacity SSDs can store just 2TB. But they do have some advantages that make them worth considering.
- Big Data Storage: Top Ten Tips for Scaling Hadoop
Thu, 06 Oct 2016
Enabling Hadoop to help with your Big Data storage needs requires avoiding controller choke points, understanding decentralized storage, and other advanced Big Data techniques.
- Big Data Storage Takes a Data Lake Swim
Wed, 05 Oct 2016
When it comes to effective Big Data Storage, the data lake plays a key role – and will play an ever larger role in the years ahead.
- Top Ten Big Data Storage Tools
Wed, 28 Sep 2016
The growing array of big data storage solutions reflects the rapid growth of big data itself.
- High capacity SSDs: How Big Can They Grow?
Tue, 27 Sep 2016
High capacity SSDs will clearly play an ever growing role in enterprise data storage.
- Backup Appliance Market Grew in Q2 with EMC in the Lead
Tue, 27 Sep 2016
Storage vendors notch double-digit gains as vendors ship products that better meet the data protection needs of enterprises.
- Okay, Some Rocks Need to Be Backed Up
Fri, 23 Sep 2016
The proliferation of file formats represents a big problem for long-term data storage.
- Virtual Instruments Debuts Analytics-Driven NAS Performance Monitoring
Tue, 20 Sep 2016
The company's infrastructure performance monitoring platform can now tackle both SAN and NAS environments.
- Back to IT School 2016: Storage 101 Now the Most Popular Class
Mon, 19 Sep 2016
When it comes to the disruptions created by flash, hyper-convergence and cloud, do you know your stuff?
- Enterprise Data Storage Market Flattens Out: IDC
Mon, 19 Sep 2016
Though revenues barely budged, the market for enterprise storage solutions is undergoing some major upheavals.
- Aiming for the Cloud, Violin Launches Low-Latency All-Flash Arrays
Fri, 16 Sep 2016
The company's new FSP 7650 and 7450 all-flash arrays promise brisk and consistent performance for demanding cloud workloads.
- Big Data Storage: 12 Tips to Prepare
Wed, 14 Sep 2016
Big Data storage is a growing problem. We have created more data in the past two years than the entirety human history. Yet storage architecture isn’t keeping up.
- NetApp Debuts Entry-Level All-Flash Array for Midmarket Enterprises
Thu, 08 Sep 2016
Targeting midsized companies seeking a performance bump for their analytics applications, NetApp announces the new E2800 series of arrays.
- Enterprise Cloud Storage Takes More than Wishful Thinking
Wed, 07 Sep 2016
Successful enterprise cloud storage requires a strong business case and the will to transform your company’s cloud strategy.
- Big Data Storage: Machine Learning and Scalable NAS
Wed, 31 Aug 2016
Tips on what to look for when researching massively scalable storage systems for the biggest big data – machine data.
- ownCloud Founder Forks Open-Source Project to NextCloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 02 Jun 2016
Frank say NO to ownCloud Foundation
- ownCloud Gets Its Own Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 31 May 2016
After project founder leaves his own company, there is now a foundation to back ownCloud