- Enterprise SSDs and Storage Design
Thu, 01 Dec 2016
Enterprise SSDs give us lots of freedom in storage design, but is this a blessing or a curse?
- High Capacity SSD Buying Guide
Thu, 01 Dec 2016
Vendors have begun rolling out SSDs capable of storing many petabytes worth of data while still enabling fast performance.
- Flash Storage Is Mainstream at HPC Organizations
Tue, 22 Nov 2016
Most HPC data centers use at least some form of flash storage to accelerate their workloads, according to a recent survey from DataDirect Networks.
- Seagate Debuts 10TB HDD for SMB NAS Systems
Wed, 16 Nov 2016
The company's new IronWolf Pro hard drives are primed for small and midsized business file storage duty.
- Storage Class Memory: The Revolution Has Begun
Tue, 15 Nov 2016
The promise of storage class memory is that persistent storage that runs at the speed of memory will give applications a remarkable speed boost.
- Cloud Storage vs. In-House: 12 Reasons to Stay On-Prem
Wed, 09 Nov 2016
While cloud storage is growing increasingly popular, on premise data storage continues to have key advantages.
- Startups Speed Data Movement for Cloud Storage
Fri, 04 Nov 2016
A new crop of startups are making it easier to move data to and from cloud storage services.
- IBM Gives 'Cognitive' Businesses an All-Flash Edge
Wed, 02 Nov 2016
The company unveils DeepFlash Elastic Storage Server (ESS) and other offerings that harness flash storage to help power advanced intelligent software services.
- Enterprise Data Storage Vendor Roundup
Tue, 01 Nov 2016
The top enterprise data storage vendors make a lot of money in the rapidly changing enterprise storage sector, but it’s a challenging market.
- Top Trends in High Capacity Enterprise SSDs
Thu, 27 Oct 2016
A huge price drop in flash has been paralleled by another spectacular occurrence: the storage capacity of Solid State Drives (SSDs) has gone through the roof.
- 15 Leading Data Storage Startups
Tue, 25 Oct 2016
These data storage startups are leading the way with cloud, scalable performance, interface flexibility, analytics, and quality-of-service controls.
- Top Ten Data Storage Performance Tips: Improving Data Storage
Wed, 19 Oct 2016
Your data storage performance can be improved with load balancing, micro-tiering, and closer monitoring of the server farm, among other techniques.
- FalconStor's FreeStor Takes Aim at Hybrid Cloud Storage
Mon, 17 Oct 2016
With a new pricing model and support for leading public cloud infrastructure providers, FalconStor is removing hybrid-cloud storage roadblocks for enterprises.
- Product Spotlight: Six Ways to Boost Data Storage Performance
Thu, 13 Oct 2016
A survey of data storage problems, highlighting the various ways that data storage vendors address those challenges.
- Fujitsu Debuts Two 'Mass Market' Eternus All-Flash Arrays
Wed, 12 Oct 2016
The new Eternus AF arrays are aimed at enterprises looking to get the most out of their flash storage investments.
- Where Do M.2 High Capacity SSDs Fit in the Data Center?
Tue, 11 Oct 2016
Standard high capacity SSDs will soon hold 60TB, while M.2 high capacity SSDs can store just 2TB. But they do have some advantages that make them worth considering.
- Big Data Storage: Top Ten Tips for Scaling Hadoop
Thu, 06 Oct 2016
Enabling Hadoop to help with your Big Data storage needs requires avoiding controller choke points, understanding decentralized storage, and other advanced Big Data techniques.
- Big Data Storage Takes a Data Lake Swim
Wed, 05 Oct 2016
When it comes to effective Big Data Storage, the data lake plays a key role – and will play an ever larger role in the years ahead.
- ownCloud Founder Forks Open-Source Project to NextCloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 02 Jun 2016
Frank say NO to ownCloud Foundation
- ownCloud Gets Its Own Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 31 May 2016
After project founder leaves his own company, there is now a foundation to back ownCloud