- The Cold Cloud: Long-Term Backup Storage in the Public Cloud
Mon, 24 Apr 2017
Public cloud vendors offer several low-cost options for storing data that is accessed very infrequently.
- Hybrid Storage Becomes the Go-To Application Performance Booster
Thu, 20 Apr 2017
Feeling the need for speed, businesses are increasingly turning to hybrid storage systems, finds a new survey from ActualTech Media and Tegile Systems.
- Quantum Upgrades StorNext for Distributed Enterprises
Tue, 18 Apr 2017
The company tackles delivering responsive data services for enterprise organizations spread far and wide.
- Enterprise SSD Buying Guide
Fri, 07 Apr 2017
Vendors have been rolling out a number of new products for the enterprise SSD market.
- Elastifile Harnesses the Flash Storage and the Cloud for Hybrid Workloads
Wed, 05 Apr 2017
The startup's silo-busting storage platform offers cloud-enabled data services and management for enterprise applications.
- Worldwide Data Will Surge to 163 Zettabytes by 2025
Tue, 04 Apr 2017
Explosive growth in the artificial intelligence and IoT markets will massively increase the amount of data stored in tomorrow's enterprises, according to a new report from Seagate and IDC.
- Enterprises Earn a 'C' Grade in Backup
Fri, 31 Mar 2017
CloudBerry Lab's study of the cloud backup awards businesses a middling 'C' grade for their data protection efforts.
- Top Tips for Enterprise SSD Form Factor Selection and Deployment
Thu, 30 Mar 2017
Some form factors are better than others for certain applications.
- Software-Defined Storage: Where It’s Headed
Fri, 24 Mar 2017
Software defined storage, though still in its infancy, is sure to be a major technology in the years ahead.
- Dell Technologies Leads Declining Backup Storage Systems Market
Fri, 17 Mar 2017
Now home to EMC's market-leading data storage portfolio, Dell Technologies is the backup appliance provider to beat.
- Data Storage Industry Braces for AI and Machine Learning
Thu, 16 Mar 2017
Artificial intelligence and machine learning offer tremendous advantages – and also drastically increase the need for storage.
- All-Flash Arrays Buck the Enterprise Storage Doldrums
Tue, 14 Mar 2017
IDC calls the all-flash array segment a "bright spot" during an underwhelming Q4 2016 for storage vendors, particularly in EMEA.
- Storage Industry Reacts to HPE-Nimble Deal
Wed, 08 Mar 2017
Industry players share their thoughts on an acquisition that sees HPE plucking another independent storage provider out of the marketplace.
- Software-Defined Storage: It’s Real but Defining It Can Be a Real Trick
Wed, 08 Mar 2017
True SDS decouples storage hardware from data services and automates storage management across multiple devices.
- Leading Vendors in Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
Tue, 07 Mar 2017
By 2018, the number of organizations using disaster recovery as a service will exceed the number of organizations using traditional recovery services.
- Is There a Future for Proprietary Solid State Storage Systems?
Fri, 03 Mar 2017
Conventional SSDs look set to dominate the solid state storage market thanks to falling prices and new technologies.
- Nimble Eyes Enterprise-Grade Storage on AWS and Azure Clouds
Tue, 28 Feb 2017
The company's new multi-cloud storage service provides data management and services to applications running on the AWS and Azure clouds.
- ownCloud Founder Forks Open-Source Project to NextCloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 02 Jun 2016
Frank say NO to ownCloud Foundation
- ownCloud Gets Its Own Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 31 May 2016
After project founder leaves his own company, there is now a foundation to back ownCloud