- Software-Defined Storage: Where It’s Headed
Fri, 24 Mar 2017
Software defined storage, though still in its infancy, is sure to be a major technology in the years ahead.
- Dell Technologies Leads Declining Backup Storage Systems Market
Fri, 17 Mar 2017
Now home to EMC's market-leading data storage portfolio, Dell Technologies is the backup appliance provider to beat.
- Data Storage Industry Braces for AI and Machine Learning
Thu, 16 Mar 2017
Artificial intelligence and machine learning offer tremendous advantages – and also drastically increase the need for storage.
- All-Flash Arrays Buck the Enterprise Storage Doldrums
Tue, 14 Mar 2017
IDC calls the all-flash array segment a "bright spot" during an underwhelming Q4 2016 for storage vendors, particularly in EMEA.
- Storage Industry Reacts to HPE-Nimble Deal
Wed, 08 Mar 2017
Industry players share their thoughts on an acquisition that sees HPE plucking another independent storage provider out of the marketplace.
- Software-Defined Storage: It’s Real but Defining It Can Be a Real Trick
Wed, 08 Mar 2017
True SDS decouples storage hardware from data services and automates storage management across multiple devices.
- Leading Vendors in Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
Tue, 07 Mar 2017
By 2018, the number of organizations using disaster recovery as a service will exceed the number of organizations using traditional recovery services.
- Is There a Future for Proprietary Solid State Storage Systems?
Fri, 03 Mar 2017
Conventional SSDs look set to dominate the solid state storage market thanks to falling prices and new technologies.
- Nimble Eyes Enterprise-Grade Storage on AWS and Azure Clouds
Tue, 28 Feb 2017
The company's new multi-cloud storage service provides data management and services to applications running on the AWS and Azure clouds.
- SSDs to Benefit from Machine Learning in Data Storage
Tue, 21 Feb 2017
The use of machine learning in storage systems may give SSD endurance a massive boost.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Storage
Tue, 14 Feb 2017
The new wave of data computation is upon us. What can it do for storage?
- HPE Aims to 'Futureproof' All-Flash Storage with 3PAR Updates
Tue, 14 Feb 2017
The IT giant announces new capabilities to prepare businesses for storage technologies like NVMe and storage-class memory.
- 8 Big Enterprise SSD Trends to Expect in 2017
Fri, 10 Feb 2017
Expect innovation to increase and costs to come down as enterprise SSDs continue to grow in popularity.
- Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery as a Service: How is DRaaS Different from Backup and Recovery?
Tue, 07 Feb 2017
When choosing a cloud-based data protection vendor, it's important to understand the differences among the types of services available.
- Businesses Face SSD Recycling Risks
Mon, 06 Feb 2017
Most organizations aren't doing their due diligence when it comes to making sure their IT recyclers are securely wiping sensitive data from their drives, reveals a recent study from Blancco.
- HGST Hard Drives Rank High in Reliability
Wed, 01 Feb 2017
Backblaze's latest hard drive reliability study reveals that hard drive failure rates are falling across the board.
- Pure Storage's FlashBlade Converged Hardware is Generally Available
Fri, 27 Jan 2017
After months of limited availability, the company's converged systems for unstructured and big data workloads is ready for all comers.
- ownCloud Founder Forks Open-Source Project to NextCloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 02 Jun 2016
Frank say NO to ownCloud Foundation
- ownCloud Gets Its Own Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 31 May 2016
After project founder leaves his own company, there is now a foundation to back ownCloud