- Defining the Future of DR Storage
Wed, 01 Jul 2015
The rise of cloud computing is changing disaster recovery, but most enterprises will keep some on-site storage.
- Toshiba Eyes Cloud Data Centers with 6TB HDD
Tue, 30 Jun 2015
The hard drive maker targets cloud providers with a higher-capacity 7,200 RPM, 3.5-inch drive.
- IBM and Box Team for Smarter Cloud Content Management
Thu, 25 Jun 2015
The companies are blending cloud file storage, analytics and enterprise content management technologies to improve collaboration.
- Software-Defined Storage Buying Guide
Wed, 24 Jun 2015
Well-established tech companies and some newcomers are jumping into the software-defined storage business.
- Portworx Raises $8.5M for Docker-Enabled Storage
Mon, 22 Jun 2015
The company emerges from stealth to help enterprises bridge the gap between Docker and storage infrastructures.
- NVMe: The Golden Ticket for Faster Flash Storage?
Fri, 19 Jun 2015
This technology could help eliminate bottlenecks and make flash, storage and applications faster.
- Backup Appliance Market Gains in Q1: IDC
Fri, 19 Jun 2015
Businesses are snapping up data backup systems in a historically slow quarter for the market, according to the IT research firm.
- Asigra Ventures into Backup Appliances for Cloud Storage Providers
Wed, 17 Jun 2015
The company aims its new turnkey hardware at managed service providers and cloud storage companies.
- Has EMC Embarked on an Open Source Strategy?
Tue, 16 Jun 2015
The company's Project CoprHD, an open source version of ViPR Controller, may be the first of many storage products that the company open sources.
- OpenStack for the Rest of Us
Thu, 11 Jun 2015
Large enterprises and service providers have been experimenting with OpenStack, and the rest of the storage industry is beginning to take notice.
- HGST Targets Cloud Active Archives with 10 TB Helium HDD
Wed, 10 Jun 2015
The company offers cloud data centers faster access to their aging data with its new high-capacity, helium-filled hard drives featuring SMR technology.
- Hyperscale Data Center Demand Lifts Enterprise Storage Market in Q1
Mon, 08 Jun 2015
EMC leads the market for enterprise storage systems and HP narrows the gap as data center operators tackle bigger cloud-enabled workloads.
- SanDisk Targets Cloud Data Center with 2TB SSD
Fri, 05 Jun 2015
The flash storage company reaches for hyperscale cloud data centers with its latest CloudSpeed Eco SSDs.
- Flash, SDS Toss a Wrench into Enterprise Storage Testing
Wed, 03 Jun 2015
Many businesses aren't getting accurate results as they seek to adopt faster, more adaptive storage technologies.
- EMC: Keeping Core Technologies Fresh, Active and Relevant
Mon, 01 Jun 2015
Hot storage products like XtremIO 4.0 and VMAX3 were on display at EMC World 2015.
- Pure Storage Redesigns FlashArray
Mon, 01 Jun 2015
The company's new array design anchors a trio of announcements from the all-flash storage systems maker.
- Sphere 3D Unveils SnapCLOUD for Hybrid Cloud NAS
Wed, 27 May 2015
The company's new tech will help Overland Storage SnapServer NAS customers float Microsoft Azure-backed, hybrid cloud file services this summer.
- Top Ten Software Defined Storage Tips, Gotchas and Cautions
Tue, 26 May 2015
Given the hype around Software Defined Storage, it’s important for users to understand the potential problems.
- Coho Data Raises $30 Million, Releases All-Flash DataStream Hardware
Wed, 20 May 2015
The company rolls out its first all-flash DataStream system and new future-proofing storage software upgrade program.
- Dropbox for Business Adopts ISO Cloud Data Privacy Standard
Mon, 18 May 2015
The company's enterprise-friendly cloud file storage service meets the ISO 27018 requirements for the management of user information.
- 10 Questions to Ask Cloud Storage Providers
Wed, 13 May 2015
No two cloud computing storage services are identical. These questions will help you pick the best cloud storage provider for your business.
- What’s the Real Value of Software Defined Storage?
Mon, 11 May 2015
Software defined storage is on the upswing, having just passed the $1 billion mark in annual revenues.
- Top Ten Takeaways from EMC World
Fri, 08 May 2015
Traditional data storage is in decline, as an entire array of new options emerge.
- FalconStor Begins Global FreeStor SDS Rollout
Wed, 06 May 2015
FalconStor's cloud-friendly software-defined storage platform, the company's first completely new technology in five years, is now available.
- Data Copy Management Wants to Crush Your Copies
Wed, 06 May 2015
Data copy management offers a ket advantage in complex computing infrastructure, not only for data protection but also for business groups that depend on production data copies.
- HGST Claims Enterprise SSD Endurance Crown
Tue, 05 May 2015
SSDs are fast, but will they last? The Western Digital subsidiary announces its SAS SSDs will help keep flash-enabled storage systems going longer with a 2.5 million MTBF rating.
- EMC's Spanning SaaS Backup Service Protects Office 365 Cloud Data
Mon, 04 May 2015
The storage giant's cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery service for major SaaS applications takes aim at Microsoft's productivity suite.