- What to Do with Legacy Assets in a Flash Storage World
Mon, 22 May 2017
You don't have to rip-and-replace all your existing HDDs. Here are several ways to continue extracting value from them as you transition to all-flash.
- Where All-Flash Storage Makes No Sense
Thu, 18 May 2017
Experts say there are some use cases where organizations should not use all-flash storage.
- All-Flash Array Economics
Thu, 11 May 2017
AFA prices haven't yet equaled HDDs on a per-gigabyte basis, but they offer other financial benefits that make them attractive to enterprises.
- NetApp Invests in Cloud Data Protection Firm Datos IO
Thu, 11 May 2017
Storage provider NetApp and networking giant Cisco pump funds into the cloud backup startup.
- Buying Guide: All-Flash Storage
Wed, 10 May 2017
Dell EMC, Pure Storage, IBM, NetAPP and HPE are leading the way with AFAs.
- IBM Storage Banks on NVMe
Mon, 08 May 2017
Big Blue announces that NVMe-enabled storage systems are arriving in 2018.
- 8 Data Machine Learning and AI Storage Tips
Fri, 05 May 2017
Machine learning and artificial intelligence are coming to the enterprise. Are your storage systems ready?
- Top 10 AI and Machine Learning Data Storage Trends
Thu, 04 May 2017
Artificial intelligence technology could have some positive impacts on the storage industry.
- Storage Workloads the Top Cloud Migration Targets
Tue, 25 Apr 2017
Businesses are eyeing some critical storage workloads for their next cloud migration projects, according to a Zetta survey.
- The Cold Cloud: Long-Term Backup Storage in the Public Cloud
Mon, 24 Apr 2017
Public cloud vendors offer several low-cost options for storing data that is accessed very infrequently.
- Hybrid Storage Becomes the Go-To Application Performance Booster
Thu, 20 Apr 2017
Feeling the need for speed, businesses are increasingly turning to hybrid storage systems, finds a new survey from ActualTech Media and Tegile Systems.
- Quantum Upgrades StorNext for Distributed Enterprises
Tue, 18 Apr 2017
The company tackles delivering responsive data services for enterprise organizations spread far and wide.
- Enterprise SSD Buying Guide
Fri, 07 Apr 2017
Vendors have been rolling out a number of new products for the enterprise SSD market.
- Elastifile Harnesses the Flash Storage and the Cloud for Hybrid Workloads
Wed, 05 Apr 2017
The startup's silo-busting storage platform offers cloud-enabled data services and management for enterprise applications.
- Worldwide Data Will Surge to 163 Zettabytes by 2025
Tue, 04 Apr 2017
Explosive growth in the artificial intelligence and IoT markets will massively increase the amount of data stored in tomorrow's enterprises, according to a new report from Seagate and IDC.
- Enterprises Earn a 'C' Grade in Backup
Fri, 31 Mar 2017
CloudBerry Lab's study of the cloud backup awards businesses a middling 'C' grade for their data protection efforts.
- Top Tips for Enterprise SSD Form Factor Selection and Deployment
Thu, 30 Mar 2017
Some form factors are better than others for certain applications.
- Software-Defined Storage: Where It’s Headed
Fri, 24 Mar 2017
Software defined storage, though still in its infancy, is sure to be a major technology in the years ahead.
- ownCloud Founder Forks Open-Source Project to NextCloud
By Sean Michael Kerner | Thu, 02 Jun 2016
Frank say NO to ownCloud Foundation
- ownCloud Gets Its Own Foundation
By Sean Michael Kerner | Tue, 31 May 2016
After project founder leaves his own company, there is now a foundation to back ownCloud